What films have made you cry?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by sarz • Mar 6, 2014.

1. DreamWave

DreamWaveNew Member

Threads:
    Movies rarely make me cry. Anyway, I tend to get more sensitive when it comes to movies that make me proud or I am intimidated by an idea..
    One of the last movies that made me cry is V for Vendetta. I cried because I saw how the people got united in the end and stood up.

Dramas rarely make me cry.. I find them boring. I need action or a thriller to push my mind over the edge :)

2. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    Multiple scenes in Band of Brothers made me weep. Especially when the survivors told their stories present-day. Truly special men who did what they needed to do to in order to bring down the Nazi regime. Whenever I see a WWII vet and he's interested in talking about his experiences, I try to talk with them for as long as they're ready to talk. We can all learn so much from them, and they're growing fewer and fewer.

3. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I don't cry very easily, but when it comes to certain movies I'm just a big baby at heart. I would have to say that "We bought a Zoo" was a real tear jerker for me. The fact that it was based on a true story caused me to blubber even more, too! :eek:

4. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    None. I have never cried during a movie.

I am not pretending to be super macho. i am just speaking the truth. I never get emotional when i am watching movies. I don't even like drama films. I only watch Comedy, action, and Horror. Those are my favorites.

Drama films are extremely boring to me. I have tried to watch them, and i never make it past the 30 minute mark. They fail to keep my attention.

5. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I almost never cry while watching movies. But one movie that made me really emotional was UP. I hate to admit it because it was an animated movie and they aren't supposed to make you cry. But UP just took my heart away. One of the best movies I've ever watched.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes tear-jerking films, the first that comes into my mind is the Green Mile. I really cried over this movie. There are many parts of it where one will not be able stifle the tears to come out. Nevertheless, it is a very fascinating movie, with fascinating characters, actors and acting. Nothing else, in all the movies I've watched, was able to make me feel the way I felt watching the Green Mile. Beautiful story!

7. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    There have been very few movies which have made me cry and one of them was 'UP'. I hate to admit it because its an animation movie and animation movies are supposed to entertain you not make you cry. But it was an awesome movie and one of my favorites.

8. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    The Green Mile (cry every single time I watch it)
    Hotel Rwanda (it broke me inside)
    Becoming Jane (I sat there, dumbfounded, and then cried after the movie ended)
    My Girl

Actually, probably a bunch of movies. It always depends on my mood (and my hormones!) though whether I cry or not during heartbreaking scenes.

9. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I rarely cry during a movie but I will admit The Notebook brought tears to my eyes along with Frozen.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not even going to pussyfoot around here. I'm just going to say Titanic. It was the very first movie that came to mind when I pondered the thread question, and just thinking about those closing scenes with Jack and Rose in that ice cold water, is making me get emotional now lol.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of the movies that Tom Hanks starred in made me cry. Someone already mentioned Green Mile. Another one would be Road to Perdition and Forrest Gump. The former just drowned me in tears. I mean, imagine having a hitman for a father. Would you still accept and love him as he is? The son did. Oh my, the emotional scenes were too much for me to handle. Animated movies like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Finding Nemo, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Land Before Time were also major tear-jerkers. An adult like me couldn't help it.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am a sucker for tear-jerker movies. Here is a list of some films that have made me cry.

1. Titanic
    2. Hachi: A Dog's Tale
    3. A Walk to Remember
    4. The Green Mile
    5. Forrest Gump
    6. The Fault in our Stars
    7. Secret (Korean)

13. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I don't know why but I really have onion skin- i'm soooo sensitive! I cry at some point in almost every movie! Hahaha! But the movies that really made me pause the movie just so I could compose myself after crying so much would have to be "Windstruck" and "Fireproof". I couldn't help it!! No matter how hard I try to keep it in, the tears just keep flowing!