What Financial "Oops!" have you made?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by dsperin • Feb 28, 2013.

1. dsperin

dsperinNew Member

Threads:
    Sometimes in our desperate attempt to save money we make a stupid choice that ends up costing us more... what have you done?

My most recent: I was so desperate to figure out the name of an older move that I love that when I finally did I was equally as eager to see it. It my moment of not-so-much clarity I accessed Netflix and saw they had it on their DVD queue. So, I added the DVD service for $7.99 and immediately added the movie. The next day I got to thinking and looked on Amazon only to see that I could have OWNED the movie for $2.44. D'oh!

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't you just hate that. I try hard to spend my money wisely. I had purchased a training about facebook from a vendor, another vendor offered the same training with bonuses if you purchased through him. Well the bonuses were good so I bought it again, the jerk never sent me the bonuses no matter how many times I asked. I spend money for nothing.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a scheduled payment with my phone company where they were going to automatically withdraw my phone payment out of my checking account. I forgot that my student loan automatic payment was also scheduled, so I didn't put enough money in the account and now I have a lovely $35 overdraft fee. I'm sure Bank of America makes a lot of money off of morons like me.

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    The overdraft fee is a fair bit of money. Damn that would really ruin my day, I have to admit.
    Don't want to get hit with that too often. I don't know what it will do with a credit rating either. Best to avoid it. Obviously.
    Ryder13

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    The last one I made was not checking my online balance and withdrawing money from an ATM. Of course the bank allowed me to take it out and slapped an overdraft fee on my account. I wish I was flat out rejected instead of having the fee. They should at least flash a warning alert on the screen or something like that. Ugh, calling the bank tomorrow to get it removed.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I forget to check online for coupon deals or forget to bring my coupons with me. I am fairly new to using coupons so using them isn't really second nature.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate it when I'm at Dollar Tree and see an item that would be totally free with a $1 coupon and then remember that I left my accordion file of coupons at home. I'm not new to coupons and I still forget them at home sometimes.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I remember paying a lot, lot, LOT of money for a jacket a few years back, because I was frustrated after going to so many stores that didn't have what I was looking for, or not in my size. I ended up purchasing an ugly jacket for a price I'm ashamed to mention, haha. It seemed like a wise decision to me back then, but god, what was I thinking?