What food item do you always keep in your house?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by rebellemckenna • Oct 4, 2012.

1. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    We never really ran out of bananas, spam, and ground meat. My whole family loves bananas, so if I noticed that we only have a few left, I go straight to the supermarket to get fresh ones. Spam is also an all-time favorite around our house. We eat it with rice, bread, and sometimes even pasta. I always have to have ground meat in my freezer. This is my go to meat especially if I'm really lazy to cook and I need to whip up some dinner fast - it gives the best flavor to stir fried vegetables and soups!

#41Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are always a bunch of different cheeses at our place. I don't buy them, because cheese is rather expensive, but a lot of people in our house do, so I snack on them throughout the day, lol.

3. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Banana's because I am a Minion ;) LOL. I love all kinds of fruit and healthy snacks. We try and keep healthy snacks like fruit or low fat yogurts.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of staples I always keep in the house. Foods like vegetables, garlic, spices (whole and ground), chillies, natural and Greek yoghurt, hard cheese, tinned tomatoes, butter and olive oil. I rarely buy food I don't use every day.

5. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I always keep rice in the house. I love rice and so does my son. I can eat rice everyday and at any meal. I love it as a side dish when I am having a meal with gravy. Other than rice I usually keep some kind of snack in the house. My son is a big snacker. I am trying to make sure they are healthy snacks so I keep fruit, granola bars, yogurt, cheese, nuts, etc. in the house for everyone to snack on.