What games are good alternatives to Angry Birds?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Jan 18, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When Angry Birds was at its hype, I tried to get into it. However, I got bored immediately. Are there any other games similar to Angry Birds that is more interesting? Diverging that won't bore me?

2. crystaleve

crystaleveNew Member

Threads:
    I used to play Angry Birds all the time but got bored after a few months. My new game obsession has been Tapped Out: The Simpsons. I am not a fan of the Simpsons TV Show but this game is really addicting, so addicting that my boyfriend spent about 300 dollars on special items in the store. The game is a virtual world and you give the characters tasks and you earn money and donuts that can buy you buildings, new characters, decorations and land. I literally play hours a day and beat the entire game in only 7 weeks. I highly recommend it!

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd recommend Plants vs. Zombies if you're looking for something similarly simple but still very interesting. Granted, I don't think it's for everybody so you may not like it, but it's free anyway so you can give it a shot and just delete it if you don't like it. I personally enjoy it very much, especially the second one. I was even worried at first because I was concerned they would completely miss the point of what made the first one good, but having tried the second one just recently has made me an even bigger fan of the title and I can't say I have that many complaints about it besides some plants seemingly locked unless paid for (I haven't finished it so I don't know if it will be unlocked eventually without payment). Nonetheless, I understand since they do still have to make money, and I still am able to enjoy it thoroughly anyway. I'd recommend it highly if you haven't tried it out yet!

4. Ace

AceNew Member

Threads:
    I'm having a ton of fun playing "Max Axe". It's near the top on the app store and it is another one of those really simple games that get more challenging as it goes on.
    Not sure if it is for Android, but give it a look.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    If you meant games that is really like Angry Birds, like a catapult game, well, there's not much there to entertain you, because most games like that are practically just you catapulting objects to another object. But I liked Crush the Castle before. I think it came earlier than Angry Birds, but it has the same concept, you catapult stuff to destroy more stuff. But if you mean casual games, then there's Plants V.S. Zombies, Zombie Tsunami, Temple Run, Subway Surfers, Flappy Bird, just kidding. There are a bunch of free games that are simple to play yet very entertaining, just check for the top games in the App Store/Play Store and you're bound to find something that will fit your gaming needs.