What goes best with fruit juice for lunch and tea break?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pfaemaster • Jul 10, 2014.

1. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I am starting to drink fresh fruit juice and I trying to find a perfect complementary meal. What food will go well with the fruit juice? Pasta, burger, or something else?

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on the juice. If I am eating Spaghetti I will probably drink apple juice. If I am eating a burger probably red grape juice. Other pastas with a white sauce I think I'd drink white grape peach or peach juice. Breakfast I'd drink orange juice or grapefruit juice. For a sandwich or salad probably grape cranberry or plain cranberry juice. Just try to mix and and match and see what tastes well. Be warned some juices do not mix well with foods and will hurt you stomach. Like spaghetti and orange juice, I made that mistake once and had the worst stomach ache.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I always think that meat such as steaks or anything that has more meat than vegetables would always go well with fruit juices. Not only will that balance the taste, it will also ensure that you are having a well-balanced diet. Of course, this is considering the fact that you are taking real fruit juice and not the artificial ones. Welch is always a good option because you know for sure it is pure fruit juice, without any additives.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from the foods that you mentioned, anything fried and oily goes well with fruit juices, and anything with soup is off with juices and soda. Well if you like, you can drink them even if you're eating soup, depends on your taste, but fruit juices and soda and best with fried, oily, foods and pasta.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I would say that you could basically eat anything with your juices, as long as you only have a little glass and don't mix too much liquid with your solid foods. Just keep experimenting and see what your body tells you. If for example you feel too full after drinking some watermelon or orange juice, then keep them for after your meal. :)