What Happened, Pizza Hut? Bad Deal

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Mattenheimer • Jan 24, 2015.

1. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    So, I have been a customer of the local Pizza Hut establishment for a couple years now. I have probably ordered from them about a dozen times, and never had a complaint until recently. If you have seen any of the new advertisements, or heard them on the radio you may have noticed they have re-branded themselves lately, added new toppings, and a newer jazzed up facade.
    Well, It is obviously working for them, because when I went in to pick up my order on Friday the place was slammed. They charged me 18.61 for a pizza, that is one large specialty pizza, 8 slices, minimal toppings. 18.61?! Was always 12.00+tax before. And the dough was thin as can be, under-cooked. I assumed it was because they were so busy that they had no time to proof a new batch of dough prior to using it for pizzas, as they are using the same old equipment they have always had. Luckily I was reimbursed by corporate for the pizza(in the form of a coupon) but overall a bad experience, and not a deal at all, even when using online coupons!

2. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. We've had a poor experience a time or two here, but overall our local Pizza Hut is great. I agree that it was probably because they were so busy - but at $18.61, it had better be perfect! I think you did the right thing by contacting them about it.

I also think it's great that they reimbursed you with the coupon, because it shows they do care about their reputation. Plus it's an opportunity to give them another try without having to foot the whole bill.

I hope your next pizza is exceptional! :)

3. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Pizza Hut lost me years ago. At one time I loved them, but then they changed something about their crusts and after that it never was as good. Most times now I just make my own; but when I do want take out I order from Little Caesar's.
    There is a local Greek pizza place, though, that I love to go into and sit down and have pizza. Their's is in a class by itself. Just a rich little bit of pizza heaven.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I hate Pizza Hut. I once went in with a friend and we needed separate checks, because I only had a debit card on me and she only had cash. I asked the waitress to please give us separate checks, and she tells me "No." I just stared at her and was like "Uh, pardon?". She snittly says, "We don't separate checks; figure it out between yourselves." and then she takes off back to the hostess station. I was in shock! I have NEVER been to a restaurant who would not separate checks! She comes back after a couple minutes go by, and asks if we're ready for the check (which she already has in her hands?!). I hesitantly say that we are, but ask her if it was possible to put some of the total of my card and pay the rest in cash. She gives me the dirtiest look, and tells me "No! You have to pay it in full! Here's your check!" just drops the check on the table and practically stomps when walking away. My friend and I was shocked! We ended up just putting it all on my card and my friend gave me the cash she had for her food.

I still don't understand why they wouldn't separate the check, and WHY the waitress was so rude! It wasn't busy, we weren't being loud or obnoxious, we were very polite to her, and we didn't leave a mess. I'm still confused. Also, coupled with that incident and the fact the food was disgusting, I have sworn to never go to Pizza Hut ever again. Lucky for me, we've got several locally owned pizzerias who actually KNOW how to make pizza!!

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    i avoid most pizza chains. as i've never been impressed by the service and the taste leaves a lot to be desired as well. Pizza hut is probably the best of the national chains but everytime I order from them the service is really slow. Brixxx is a good chain but they are a bit more formal. Definitely recommend them.

6. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of Pizza Hut and they all closed down in South Africa but recently they have returned to the cinema complex where you can order drinks and popcorn at the movies as well as a pizza from Pizza Hut. They have come in really cheap but it will take me a while to consider eating it again

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to like Pizza Hut but soon fell out of love with it as I felt their pizza wasn't quite cutting it in the end. I didn't like the fact that even their thin base was still too thick for me. I much prefer the Italian style thin base as it's less stodgy and doesn't leave you bloated. In recent years I've discovered Dominos Pizza, and actually prefer it. They may not be as fancy as Pizza Hut, but their pizza and sides are tastier!

8. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I honestly can't remember the last time that I had Pizza Hut. It was probably in elementary school, because I know that once a month the school would get stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut for us to eat. But honestly, the commercials really don't even look appealing to me anymore. I would definitely rather order Dominos because I at least know that it's delicious.

9. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I use to go to Pizza Hut all the time. However, I also noticed the decline in their quality of Pizza. Initially, I thought it was because my tasted had changed due to my indulgence with gourmet Pizza shops, but after trying some of their newer toppings and so called gourmet type pizza, I can conclude that Pizza Hut has invested in hyping themselves up and taken away from the quality of their food.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm just a pizza lover in general. I remember a lunch lady at my school would always tell me I'm going to turn into a pizza. I don't like pizza from the grocery store for some reason though.
    Pizza Hut is my favorite though. I think they always will be for their stuffed crust. I've never had a bad experience there either but they do vary on quality sometimes. Sometimes it will taste really good and other times it's almost stale. Maybe if you go another time, it will be better for you since it depends on who's making and serving.

#10Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  11. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Pizza Hut is one of my least favorite places to order from. I'll eat it, but I think the pizza is low quality. It tastes weird. I think their deals and specials really aren't that great and especially for the quality it is. I would choose Papa John's any day over them if it was my choice every time my family or friends order.

12. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    Well, here is a little update. I did receive my coupon in the mail! It came fast, actually got it within a few days. So that was good of them to do. Going to use it tonight and cross my fingers it is better than last time! Either way, it will save me a night of cooking and a few dollars so that is a good thing. Any free meal is usually a good one. If it is not good this time I will just never order again is the way I look at it. Now to decide what I want! Ha.

13. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Pizza at Pizza Hut is not delicious regardless of how they cook it. They're awful. I hate every product of Pizza Hut (except for their crab salad. Mmmm)... Also they add a 10% service charge every time you dine in even though they don't provide good service. This definitely sucks. That's why I prefer Shakey's a lot more. The pizza is delicious in Shakey's. It's a bit more expensive but it's worth it.

14. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    Last and final update on the Pizza Hut Saga. I ordered a pizza last night, and tried another one of their new ones by the name of cock-a-doodle bacon, which I think is the stupidest name for a pizza I have heard, ever. Total before I used my free coupon was $18.61, because it is a specialty pizza with the added stuffed crust. Restaraunt was packed again. Ordered, went to the store next door, went back to pick it up and they have mysteriously lost my pizza. They had to remake it, while I waited yet again. The dough was properly proofed this time, and not flat and doughy, but they did not grease the pan and it was not the typical way it is made, unless they have changed how they make the pizza. Overall the pizza was bland, I think I am done with Pizza Hut for now, maybe ill try them again the future...distant future.

15. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Pizza Hut has always been the most expensive option where I am. Personally, it's worth it for me since the quality is A+ and it's my favorite pizza chain. Quality really can depend on your location though. Sorry to hear about your bad experience!