What have you complained about?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Oakster • Jan 15, 2014.

1. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever filled out an official complaint? What was the situation that drove you to it?

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I filled out an online complaint for Dollar Tree once. I was very upset by how I was treated there, and it was the manager who did not understand the coupon policy and was as rude as she could possibly be. I got an apologetic email from corporate, and they said they would talk to the people at that store about the coupon policy. The next time I went in there, she was nicer to me and didn't give me any trouble about my coupons, so it must have worked.

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    That's great that you got a followup Linda, sometimes you never even get an answer back, or see the situation resolved.

4. iagirl

iagirlMember

Threads:
    I used to work out at the YMCA in the mornings. They would not allow you in the pool without a lifeguard there. After driving 30 miles to go workout multiple times and a life guard never showed up I finally started writing complaints. The supervisor called me and told me that it only happened once in the last 6 months. I was so mad I wrote to the board and I got no response from the. I never renewed my membership. The only other thing I could do is write a letter to the editor of the paper but because the town supports the place so much with fundraising it was decided that they would never print it. The lady that left millions of dollars to build and fund the place when she died would have been really disappointed in the customer service.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, several times.

One big one was at Circuit City. My workplace sent me out to buy 5 computers for our office, the whole deal - towers, monitors, keyboards, battery backups, etc.... We had a power surge that hit our office and wiped out several computers. I got a hold of an associate in the computer section and was asking him some questions about which systems to get, and this older lady walked right up in between me and him and just started asking him questions. Then he just walked off with her as if I wasn't there. No "I'm sorry m'am, but I'm assisting another customer right now, I'll be with you shortly", nothing. So I stood there for about another 10 minutes waiting for him to come back - and he continued to assist her instead. So I said screw it and walked out, but I also made it a point to stop by the customer service desk and asked to speak with a manager first. I explained to her what had happened, and she tried to offer to get me another associate, and I declined and said I would be buying the systems elsewhere and left. On one hand I didn't want to get someone fired, but if they are going to act like that perhaps they deserve to be.

Another time I had to complain to McDonald's several times because at multiple locations I caught them over charging me. They were basically ringing combo meals all separately, so you pay more overall. The first time it happened I thought it was a mistake, but when it happened several more times, I knew they were doing this in purpose.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes - I have file an official complaint before. I sent a letter to Southwest airlines after flying with them. My trip was not that great. As a result, I had to express my dissatisfaction.

7. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    What was the problem True2marie?
    I've flown Southwest a few times and never had any issues, sure it's not a perfect experience but it is a low-cost carrier so you need to see if it's worth the price or not.

8. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    We had a birthday party at McDonalds and the hostess was extremely rude to us. Not only that, they provide a cake for the birthday child and she placed the candle right in the groin of Ronald McDonald. We definitely did complain about that party to the manager of the store.

As a result of our complaint (and several other similar complaints) the party hostess was fired and we were also given a voucher for a free birthday party in the future.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I phoned in a complaint to KFC once because my ex had an argument with the woman at the drive thru window and she tampered with our food and possibly spit in it.
    I was pregnant and I could taste immediately that the food tasted like an ashtray.

My ex forgot the rule that you don't tick off the people who handle your food. I complained because my kid and I didn't do anything to deserve tainted food.
    I don't know if they followed up because I never went to that location again.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did that with Walmart once because they charged me twice. I made several email and phone complaints, and it took me 2 times to solve the problem. I also complained once at a website called Little Black Bag (which I love by the way), because I picked one bag and when my package arrived the bag was not there. Turns out they had an error on storage, and didn't think to let me know I wouldn't actually be receiving the bag.... but this problem was solved well in the end and the website has great customer services!

11. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have complained to my bank about failing to provide service in English. We have a large Asian community here and it is understandable that they hire people who can communicate with them. Unfortunately many of the staff do not understand English well enough to do what I need them to do. Apparently I hit a day when all the English speakers were out sick. The money that I was moving was misdirected into the wrong investments which were being pushed by the personal banker, but were clearly not what I wanted. It did all get sorted out in the end, but I was annoyed that I had to fight to correct an error made by a bank employee and to recover the money I lost as a result of the error. Fortunately my copies of the document I signed were sufficient for the branch manager to deal with the problem.

12. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I've complained a few times. Once, it was about how a woman at Dollar Tree treated me when I paid with coupons. Another time was about horrible customer service that I received at Walmart. I complain regularly about my utility company because the woman there makes endless mistakes.

I used to never complain, but I have stopped biting my tongue. I have worked in customer service before. Some customers are jerk-offs and some things aren't your fault, and I know that. But one thing I always did was maintained a positive attitude while dealing with customers. I expect the same from the people who I come into contact with.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I filed for a dispute on Ebay because I haven't received the item after 1 month of waiting. It turns out that the item was stolen from our local post office, but I still got my money back. Now I ordered the same item from the same seller, and again, it got stolen, but this time I did not file for a refund anymore because I know that it's not their fault.

14. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Once I bought a few shirts online and found out that the colours were completely different to what I ordered, they were the right colour but only on a basic level if you know what I mean. The red which was advertised as being quite dark was nearly bright pink, got a refund so I was happy though!

15. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon delivered a package and the driver decided to leave it on my door stop while I was out. It was stolen and I had to file a complaint with Paypal so they could investigate the driver.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've filed a complaint once. A teller was rude to me once in a bank and I couldn't just let it go. I don't know if the Teller got a talking-to and actually never found out because I sought other places where I could get better services.

17. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    That's the part about complaining that never feels quite satisfying.
    You rarely get to see the aftermath of your complain, especially if it was a serious enough issue to drive you to other locations afterwards.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The same thing happened to us. One of my daughter's birthday gifts got stolen because the Amazon delivery drivers don't care and leave packages anywhere. I had to call and complain.
    Nothing ever came of it because the item showed up as delivered in tracking. I'm not disputing that it was probably delivered but it got stolen after delivery because Amazon drivers leave the packages in the driveway and don't even knock.

19. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have complained about a TV service once and the supervisor was no help, so I contacted the BBB and with there help, I was able to get my early cancellation fee dropped since the company misrepresented themselves.

20. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    The only official complaint that I ever filed was at a Burger King. The cashier could not be bothered to take my order because they were busy on their cellphone. I realize that I was the only customer.. and they were having a home-life issue or whatever, but seriously.. if it's that big of an issue get someone to cover for you and go on break or go home. Don't stand at the register and talk on your phone while ignoring a customer.