What Have You Done With Nail Polish?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmine2015 • Oct 10, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we use things in a different way to solve some problems. Like for instance I have used nail polish (clear) to stop a run in my stockings. I have also used it as a temporary fix on some headphones where the earbuds were falling apart. Maybe you have used it to make something nice and shiny?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I did once use clear nail polish to coat some paper beads I made. That was ages ago so it brings back some memories. Also, a while back I had a load of nail polishes lying around that I no longer used because they either weren’t “my” colors or I didn’t like the formula. Some of them seemed to follow an autumnal theme so I decorated a glass jar with them. It was… interesting, haha. Makes a pretty decent vase.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you need to remove your existing polish but don't have any remover handy, give each nail a fresh coat of nail polish and wipe it off immediately. It'll take the old stuff clean off!

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from the more usual things like using it to color code keys and other similar items - that when you have a lot them it can get very confusing - I also use clear polish to waterproof plant labels and any left over nail polish or colors that didn't look quite so good when applied to my nails as they did in the bottle - I put to good use too - as I use that for stenciling plants pots and glass jars.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I've dipped frayed ends of the strings of hoodies and shoe laces in nail polish to stop them from unraveling. I have a few different colours of nail polish so I've used them to colour code things. My son and I have the exact same toothbrush so I put a dab of red nail polish on mine to distinguish it from his. I've use black nail polish to change the colour on my wedding cake topper. The female had brown hair and I have black so I used nail polish to paint it black.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried these things with nail polish:

1. Seal an envelope. On the weird occasions that we don't have glue in the house, I used clear nail polish to seal my envelopes lol.

2. I tried putting nail polish on the end of a thread and it does make it easier to insert it in.

3. Ropes and laces sometimes unravel and I've tried using a clear coating of polish to help with that.

4. I used different coloured nail polishes to label my keys!

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Thanks for the tips for other uses of nail polish. I've like others have put clear nail polish to stopping fraying. I've learned from you other tips you can do with nail polish. Thanks everyone!:)

8. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I had no idea nail polish was handy in those ways. That is so cool! I only have used nail polish on my fingernails, as well as toenails. I used it to remove my mistakes when painting my nails too. That was before I bought nail polish remover. I did not really think much on other ways to use nail polish. Well now you have made me all curious!

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, missbishi I never knew that! What a neat little trick, thanks for sharing :) Way back in time when I used to have no other option but to buy cheap jewellery, we used to used clear nail polish to coat fake silver and gold pieces to make them last longer LOL It actually worked.