What If Shipping Takes Longer And Product Spoils?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by mildredtabitha • Sep 5, 2017.

?

Would you accept a product shipped to you that is in bad condition?

1. Yes because the shipping was free

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No because my money is valuable than a spoiled product

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Yes because accidents happen and I understand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes but I will tell everyone about their bad services

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering if it is possible for a product to spoil during the shipping process. For example, a beauty product or medicine. Can the shipping company compensate for a profuct that arrived in a bad shape?

I also think that shipping companies have different ways of shipping products to ensure that each product is safe and handled professionally. But what if the product reachs you in a bad condition. Will you be given a chance to order a replacement?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon and few other online sites have return policy. And if the product is damaged then they replace the item. Also seller pays the fines in such case. So it is always in interest of the customer. Just have to approach the support properly. And things can be solved pretty nicely with the sites. I had some of such incidents and I do managed to pull out of such cases just fine.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If the the quality of the product has been compromised during the shipping process. I would expect to get a refund of my money or that the goods would be replaced. It is important that you should explore the sites return policy to see if your interest would be protected if there should be any damages to your goods while it is in transit.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's very obvious that most products while on shipping process are insured, so as a result of this should the products gets damaged in the line of shipping it to the destination of the actual buyer, there is no need for the person to panic since the insurance policy would cover the damaged goods cost which makes it easier for the selling company to eagerly accept return to the product and swiftly replace it.

Insurance is a very good business strategy as any wise businessman don't take it lightly because business transactions comes with a great risk from the point of sale to the delivery of such products. So therefore, insurance makes it possible for business owners to be on the safer side should any unfortunate unforseen disaster rock the business.

It's more beneficial to insure on the long run than run the risk of losing out completely should any thing go wrong in the course of the concluding the business dealings.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @overcast@overcast This is the best case scenario, and fortunately there are a lot of sites that offer return policy, i have had a few experiences where the item was damaged upon receiving.

#5Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
  6. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Definitely I will ask for refund or replace of the products. This accident issue of products damaging that I always choose sites like Amazon for my online shopping.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    This has happened to me once. I bought a tab on ebay from a Chinese seller. When I received the tab, it was not in good condition, the screen had scratches. I messaged the seller along with photos and stated my cases. He said that happened due to bad handling during ghe shipping and he was willing to compensate me 10 percent refund. The seller sounded genuine and I accepted his offer.

8. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    It depends on the policy of that company but depending on any policy they have in place they should compensate their customers so that they maintain them. I have never experienced the same but if it happens, definately I will expect compensation

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    But some companies never follow their own policies. They can still give excuses and there is nothing you can do. Anyway, there are few companies that will ensure customers are happy with the product delivered and even offer to do an exchange if the customer wants. I also agree that checking their policy can have some guarantee that you can be compensated if the product arrives when not in good condition.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you buy from a company they have a duty to sell you an item that won't go off. If it does then they should replace it. That's the law in the UK and most other countries. EBay is very different and that is a risk you take, and the same with Amazon as these are third party resellers and you don't know how old the product is or how it has been stored.

As for shipping, products shouldn't get damaged or go off. The longest should be 6-8 weeks these days for shipping at the slowest method and if something goes off then there is something faulty with the product.

11. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I ordered a blush from an online shop, and they said that the order will take about a week. After two weeks, the order came. I was so disappointed when I opened the box because the blush was crashed into pieces. I guess the delivery man did not take good care of it. I demanded a refund and they did not let me. I am never going to order from them again.