What inepensive hobbies can you recommend?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Athenagdlyt • Sep 26, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    It is a known fact that getting into a hobby such as crafts or music can definitely cost you something. When your love for the hobby goes deeper, it follows that equipment upgrade is a necessity. Getting into a hobby is also important to keep our sanity. What hobby can you recommend for someone who is in a tight budget?

Writing is a hobby and it is free. Aside from that, what other excellent and practical hobbies are recommended?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy coloring. As in coloring in a coloring book. I get crayons and the coloring books for the Dollar Tree or 99 Cent Only Stores. Coloring is very relaxing. I don't have to think much.

I also like to crochet, but that hobby isn't as cheap as it used to be. I enjoy it though. I love making afghans for my friends and family.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd recommend learning 3D modeling. Everything is free.

Download free software -

Find blender tutorials on the net.

Learn how to use the software at your own pace. Once you're good at modeling, you can also learn animation. At the end of it all, if you want to, you could make your own short, animated movie. It'd be a great way to use up your free time.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess trying to learn how to knit or cross-stitch would be considered as an inexpensive hobby. Reading is also not an expensive hobby to maintain, since digital books are really cheap nowadays.

5. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend you look into Archery. Not an expensive sport to get into, especially if you go with a recurve or long bow. All equipment you buy is reusable for a long, long time. It's mildly athletic, and endlessly challenging. Become the next Robin Hood (or Katniss, I guess, if you have to)

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gardening really isn't that expensive because plants, seeds, pots, etc. are always going on sale at Walmart, especially now that fall is coming. You can even use empty food containers as planters and ask friends and relatives for cuttings from their plants. Or you can plant your kitchen scraps , like the root ends of onions and sprout new plants.
    Even during my worst financial times, I kept gardening as a hobby because it is actually cheap and if you grow your own herbs, it's thrifty too.

7. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    Learning how to code applications is very profitable, though it is a bit difficult to get into. Visit

and learn some basics, and eventually you'll be able to write apps for Google Play Store or even the Apple App Store and make a quick buck or two out of it!