What Influences You More, The Endorser Or The Product?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by TheOtherSide • Aug 15, 2017.

1. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Advertisers use a lot of different methods and strategies to make sure that their products will impact a great deal on the viewers and the consumers. Advertising really costs a lot of money that's why company's make sure that their products will make a huge impact on consumers and well, to get sales on them.

While advertising is good for product sales, do you think it is worth it to advertise your products? As a consumer, are you affected by advertising you see on T.V? Do you buy products because of the endorser or because of product quality? Do you think the endorser really uses the product or are they just faking it?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to feel that the endorsers are biased because they are being paid to say the things they do. I go on the product itself and whether it is something that will work for me. I also feel that if the company making the product is a trusted one that I am familiar with then I would give the product more consideration.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go for quality and don't pay much attention to adverts these days. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to buy the vitamins Nicole Kidman endorses, because her jumping around in a field proves they work. I look at cost, quantity, and quality. These days there are always some discounts available if you do a bit of a search. However, some people still get sucked into adverts, and people who endorse them are doing it for the money.

4. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I totally do not care about who endorses the product. Anyone can endorse a product as long as they are paid well. I just remembered, years ago, there was this action star in our country, he is dead now by the way. He was paid to endorse a popular brand of beer here in our country, all he did was raise his hand while holding the beer, he didn't even say anything. He just raised his hand and smiled. He was paid almost $200,000 just for that. That beer doesn't even taste good! So I still go for a good product than a popular person endorsing a product.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I always look upon for product rather than who is endorsing it. It does not matter whether the product is being endorsed by a celebrity or a common man. I look for the quality and usability in the product, The celebrity endorses products because they are getting money for it, they do not care whether the product is reliable or not. Therefore celebrity endorsement does not mean anything to me.

6. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    To be honest i could care less about the endorser since i'm only interested in the value and the functions of the product advertised.

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Really the product itself influences, at the end of the day the endorser could just be saying false o meaningless words. What the product can actually do for the buyer is important.

8. TheOtherSide

Threads:
    @morgoodie@morgoodie I kinda feel the same way. When I was, I am easily persuaded by these celebrity endorsers especially if I'm a big fan. I buy products which they endorses even if that products doesn't conform with my standard. But growing up, I realized that these endorsers/actors get to promote the products only because they are popular and not because of the product's effectiveness. Plus they are really paid big time to promote such product.

@Kimika@Kimika I notice these things also. The celebrity endorsers usually just keep on raising the bottle of beer without even drinking a single drop. And when it comes to food they just act as if they really get a bite and they're moving their mouth as if they're chewing it. But in reality, they're not.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, for me I believe that reviews are truthful, mine are so I believe others put the truth too. I go for the product reviews not who wrote it. Celebrity endorsements are good to know about too for they have tried it and liked it or not liked it. I read reviews about sites too. If it's an absolutely new site before I buy, I'd read reviews about the site or product. I also do a BBB.org check too.

10. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide Yeah, I would rather go for a product that has been used by someone I know than buy it because I'm a fan of the endorser. A lot of these endorsers just do it for the money but they really do not use what they are endorsing. Like a lot of celebrities endorse cheap products but they really use the expensive ones, why would I buy something that even the endorser doesn't want to use right?

#10Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2017
  11. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    @Kimika@Kimika I agree with you on this, the majority of endorsers are only doing it because they are getting paid to promote and endorse the product.

#11Aug 17, 2017
  12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of you might not not consider it a worth believing theory but being a marketing professional I know that companies do not hesitate adapting to all tricks possible including false reviews, celebrity endorsement and constant publicity to make people believe that their life is useless without that particular product. I can give you an example here that colgate is one such company which is right on the top just because they have become synonymous to tooth paste and one thinks only of colgate when thinks about a toothpaste.

13. TheOtherSide

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 That's right. These companies have been here for quite a long time and have already established a reputation for themselves, people would actually have a hard time leaving their products for another. But that doesn't mean they're indispensable since there are many products competing on the market, mostly people will chose the ones which are budget friendly but with the same quality at the least.

#13Aug 17, 2017
  14. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    If I were still a kid, it would be the endorser.

But now, as an adult, maturer and wiser, I recognize that the endorser is only lauding the product because he's being paid big bucks to do so. I'm pretty sure that if you paid the endorser well enough, he'd have no qualms about saying, on TV or in a tweet, that babies taste absolutely delicious, and that eating babies makes you stronger and healthier.

15. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    For products I haven't tried, I'd usually seek real people's review, not the scripted endorsement of celebrities. We know that they are being paid to say what they have to say so their endorsement is practically useless. For that matter, I don't even trust blogs by people who are openly declaring that they can work with advertisers.

Advertising is a must for businesses who want to introduce new products or marketing activities. While most people will not actually believe celebrities' claims that they're using the product, the endorsement will create a buzz and call attention to the product. Celebrity endorsement at least gives the product a certain level of acceptance or credibility.

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never cared for endorsers because for me, the product is what I need and not the endorser. But I see that people in general are swayed in their purchases by the endorser particularly if the endorser is a very popular celebrity. That may be the reason why until now, Manny Pacquiao have endorsements in commercials. The manufacturer is trying to ride on the popularity of Pacquiao.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think anyone gets as much influenced as to go out immediately and buy a particular product endorsed by celebs but the main purpose of the companies is to keep the audience connected with their products with the help of them. When a consumers go out and looks for a particular product and he looks at that product he thinks of the celebrity endorsing it and that sure makes a difference on his opinion to a certain extent.

18. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Most definitely, endorsers have a vital role and an important one when it comes to consumer product relationships.

#18Aug 18, 2017
  19. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    The endorser may help to draw my attention to the product but that's about it. I do not buy a product just because it was endorsed by a celebrity. I don't care how rich or famous the celebrity is. I would only buy a product because I need it and because it is great value for money. There are so many great products that are not being endorsed by celebrities. Most natural health products are sold by word of mouth and some f them are 100% better than some vitamins endorsed on TV by sports stars.

20. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't pay much attention to advertising. Sometimes I will like watching an advert on the tv but couldn't even tell you what it was about! I normally buy a product because it is something that I need and I usually pay attention to the quality. I have made mistakes but I've learned by them and would never be influenced by celebrity endorsements.