What Influences You More, The Endorser Or The Product?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by TheOtherSide • Aug 15, 2017.

1. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille Certainly. A good review is better than most T.V advertisements that just teases the audience into buying their products. I think it is a better alternative to T.V ads, but since most reviews are usually published online and in some magazines many people are not aware of them.

@Alexandoy@Alexandoy I like Manny Pacquiao too, and though I don't like some brands that he chose to endorse I still buy it just to support him. My own little way of thanking him for his great efforts and achievements.

@tallulah@tallulah I think it's one of the best form of advertisement, if it is classified as one. By word of mouth and testimonials, it's much easier to try a product.

2. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    I pay more attention to reviews of the product itself. The reviews would most likely be read from multiple sources to give us an overview of the product. I personally do not matter if a product has an endorser or not since this is just a marketing tactic to give the product more exposure.

3. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Indeed, endorsers are only used as a face for the product in order to get more exposure as well as reach greater audience.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am amused the way the endorser promotes the product. I am also entertained of their skill in salesmanship. But I am very particular of the product itself. I am always requesting for the demo and if I am satisfied I buy it. If I am not, I have some excuses to make.

5. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Advertising is a good way making the consumer know the capability of one’s product. It is highly believed that if the endorser of the product is famous, the sales of the product will be affected. My personal belief on this matter is, their popularity and influence is not the main reason I bought the product. The main reason I'm going to buy a product is effective of the product. Recommendation from others who actually used the product. Those first hand users testimony are my basis on buying the product because they can assure you that the product works.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    The skills of the endorser do have impact on the buyers opinion but it's not the deciding factor and as you said you are more focused on the product.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that the brand itself is more important, although I must admit that if you get certain people up there to endorse I might be swayed, but not as much as the actual product would determine.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I guess there will be mix effort of them for my decision on buying something. Lol.

Yes advertising is important. I mean if two products have same specs then customers will go for the product which is having good advertising campaign. I am not saying customer will not check quality at all. Quality is most important, but advertising is the way of attracting more users. Suppose two items are same in quality then advertising campaigns play quite important role for selling item.

9. Successlots

SuccesslotsNew Member

Threads:
    Before checking what the endorser has to say about the product, the product must first catches my fancy and it must meet my expectation. Most of the times, the endorsers have not used the product at all. Their endorsement is based on the huge amount paid to them and the script given to them by the seller or the manufacturer.
    So, I check out the products first, if it's something that I would like to have, then I check out the reviews/endorsement before finally making the purchase.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I buy the product based on the product quality. Secondly, there should be a need of it. I don't just buy things for fun or because such and such person recommended/ endorsed it. I should be needing it and it should be of a good quality/ good brand. The brand should be reliable. I don't buy products of the brands which I don't know of. Specially for baby products. My favorite being Johnson & Johnson.

11. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    The product. I am very strict with money so I don't really buy something that I don't need. So if I need a product, I would check its quality or features. When it comes to food, I would ask my friends if they've tried it and what their opinion is. I don't really care if the the product has an endorser. :)

12. TheOtherSide

Threads:
    Certainly @nanachan7@nanachan7 . There is no right or wrong choices as they say, it all depends upon your preferences and how you deal with the results or consequences. Like in my case, I am used to drinking this cola brand since I was a teenager cause of it's popularity and advertisements. But when I got a little older, my views and preferences grew and so I try to experiment and see for myself if it's worth it sticking to one brand. Then I discover another brand (not from TV ads but because I saw someone bought it from a local store), and so I try it. I've been using it ever since.

13. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    I think having a face attached to a brand will definitely drive some people to purchase from it as well as deter people from it. I think in some ways it makes the consumer feel like there's an actual person they're supporting rather than a corporation of people.

14. SirenOnFire

SirenOnFireNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on this. Other endorsers might not even believe in the products they promote nor might have not used it before. I feel like I can trust product reviews than the endorsers. It's because they really buy and try the products. I know that some may be paid to say what they're saying, but it's kind of obvious when they are. No product is 100% perfect and without flaws, so I think that reviews that only speak of all positive things about it is a fake.

15. butterflow

butterflowNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I am more interested in the quality of the product than who endorses it. That's not to say that I might not pay more attention to an ad. if the product is endorsed by someone that I like.

Having said that, I can't deny the fact that lots of people, especially youngsters, are in fact persuaded by who endorses a particular product. Big companies know this and are willing to pay lots of money to the big influencers of today.

16. TheOtherSide

Threads:
    @butterflow@butterflow I think that teenagers and those below 30 years old are the easy targets for these advertisements that uses actors/actresses and idols since they are easily persuaded. Unlike mature people who are more immune and are more experienced when it comes to these tactics by ads companies.

17. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Teenagers and old people are definitely the target audience of advertisers since not only are they easily distracted they spend a lot.

18. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    What influences me more is the product, I don't really care who endorse it as long as the product has a good reputation and reviews from people who actually use it. The brand of a product has also a large influence because the more well-known the brand means more people are using it.

19. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Advertising is very important for a product but I'm not blown away by advertisement. Sometimes it is a little exaggerated and I know 90% of people that feature in the ad do not use the product e.g body lotion and perfumes, they just do the job and get the pay.

I always tend to look out for quality of the product because some times it is what you call mere packaging. I also look out for genuine reviews as that is very important.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Very good question. I go for the product although big stars do create an impact on the product but that does not affect me in any way. But there are many who go by who endorses the product and that may not be quite the way to choose a product.