What Inspires You To Travel?

Discussion in Travel started by Ray1 • Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think when people decide to travel for leisure their intention in most cases is to explore an unknown world or to be precise to get once in a lifetime experience that will stay in their memories forever. I know it's a common question which people have asked and answered before but I am curious to know whether you would prefer a group adventure or with your family. What is your preferred way of holidays? Do you want to spend lavishly or spend within a fixed budget?

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to travel with my family or my friends. I want to have someone close, someone I know very well and who loves me, because traveling and see new places and new things must be shared with special people. Special places and people create special moments and memories.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    As for me I like to travel with friends. The major reason for this, is for safety reasons. Having someone to look after your back, helps one feel more relaxed, hence you are able to enjoy the moment. Talking about enjoying the moment, being with friends also helps create wonderful memories, as you people share beautiful experiences. Being with friends, also helps in cost sharing which really helps save a lot. However, sometimes when I feel so low, I like to travel alone, so that I can recuperate, but in these instances, I usually do not go very far.

Well, when I travel, I like doing so on a budget but I always inflate it a little, so as to take care of any miscellaneous needs that may arise. I also set apart some money, just in case of an emergency.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Adventure is what inspires me to travel to any place around the world today. Being adventurous thrills me so much that I don't get comfortable staying in one place or town for a long time. I love moving about meeting different people from different parts of the world with a total different way of life and belief.

This helps me to build on my understanding on how different people behave and react to things happening around, it practically helps to improve my bank of knowledge on human philosophy and nature.

Traveling involves huge budget as you are not certain of what you might encounter in your trip. So as a result of this, I tend to be on a full budget when traveling so that I don't get stranded along the way. And I also enjoy traveling in group as it's more fun traveling in group that doing it all alone.

5. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I travel in most cases just to see how people living in those areas act and behave as well as to see new places around the world which are a good way to having experience concerning how people around the globe lives their lives. Also, whenever a friend is living far from where I stay, I sometimes feel the need to pay he/she a visit so as to spend quality time with them as well as have fun in the process. So, there are many reasons I travel to different places.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, we started traveling in 2012 just to test our finances. But after 2 trips to Hongkong and Singapore, we learned of the discounted tickets of Cebu Pacific Air. For the Hongkong plane fare of 15k (that’s about $300), the discounted fare is just about $100, that’s clearly just a third of the regular fare. Well, that was the sparkplug that fueled our wanderlust. Now, we are traveling regularly because of the discounted tickets. This year, we had been to Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia, Osaka in Japan, Hongkong and the latest was Jakarta last month.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind traveling and now after watching the Food channel's special on the different cuisines of every State, they look so delicious and tempting to go and travel around America. I like to travel in a group where people from your home travel with you. Traveling in a group gives you big discounts everywhere you go so, it's a good deal when you travel with a group.

8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I travel with my family and we always travel at a fixed budget. What inspires me to travel is adventure and having fun in new places. It also helps me get out of my comfort zone and appreciate the nice things in life. :)

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I am interested with unknown. I want to visit places I have not never been, I want to see things that I have never seen. When I travel, my primary motive is exploration. I want to know everything about this place. My second motive is to break the monotony of my life. I travel for fun, and to enjoy life.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I will go for exploring new places and for refreshing my mind (main thing). May be I have became used to of outing, but I go for it every weekend or after skipping one. If I am going out for some adventure stuff (kind of hiking) then I will go for with friends (special interested group). Otherwise normal holiday trip is always good with family.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe I agree that's one good reason to travel to different states of a wide spread country like yours. I am not a great food lover but I know people would go to far off places to taste different foods.
    @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha I love the idea of going to some places with friends and family because I travel to most places alone or with coworkers. However, I was surprised to read that safety could be one of the reasons for traveling in a group too.

12. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I travel because it is my way of saying to my self, " a good year and good job". I do travel once a year only so it will not be too expensive for me. If I am traveling, I do spend some but there is always a limit on how deep I need to reach down my pocket. I want it extravagant but not too much because I want to try things. explore and be adventurous at least in one point of my life.

13. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    I am actually inspired by the idea of travel itself. It is actually the travel that inspires me to travel more. It is the adrenaline rush that keeps my wandering soul hyped for the next adventure. The experience from the previous travels are the main reasons why I crave for more.

The inspiration may have come from travel guides, stories from other travelers, family or friends. Maybe it was the adventures promised along the jaunt that entices me or maybe, I was just born with the need to travel.

14. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    A breath of fresh air, beautiful scenery, wonderful people and a once in a lifetime experience are the things that fuel my eagerness to travel and discover the world. As much as I want to travel with friends, I prefer to do it with my family since it would really be a very memorable experience I do not want to miss sharing with my family.

15. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    What inspires me to travel is learning from the Culture of the people I visit to that destination. Adventure is also a major factor why I travel inorder to break from my busy working-schedule. There is that peace of mind when I get away from my workplace zone I find. I come back rejuvenated and all-smiles when I travel even if it's not abroad. A day-off to visit a park, lake, mountain or the beach makes my life easier and fun that's why I take holidays seriously.

16. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I love to explore new things and experience different cultures and people to see how different life there is. This is what motivates me. So when I am traveling I always like to travel with my close friends because it will be most memorable sharing these beautiful moments together. Plus we love to eat and try different cuisine. :)

17. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I really like taking pictures, so if I do travel, it would be for that reason. I traveled a lot with my parents and family when I was younger, but as an adult, I don't really travel too far away from home. I might go a city or 2 away, or maybe get on the freeway and travel to someplace that is a couple of hours away, but that's it. I prefer to travel with my family, because I feel more comfortable that way, and being on a budget is always good when you travel, otherwise the spending can get out of control in a hurry.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to go for leisure traveling with my friends but only if they are like minded and as active/interested in Nature and not going out for the sake of going. I have had certain bad experiences when half of my time that could be utilized watching or walking was wasted because they thought they were too tired or wanted to rest in hotel. I prefer going for outing with people that know the value of time and not lazy.

19. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I usually travel with friends or family and tend to watch how I spend things. I try not to spend over $80.00 when I am on a trip. I usually travel just to go and visit the attractions of the location or just chill out at the beach. I also just like exploring the city and eating out at restaurants with family and friends. I do however still keep a watch on my budget.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have a passion for travel and that explains everything. I read so much about countries and just long to experience it. For example I had heard that the highest post office in the world is at Jungfrau Switzerland. You can imagine my excitement when I posted a postcard from there