What inventive ways do you store toys?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by MrsJones • Dec 31, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The room that my grandson sleeps when he is over is overflowing with toys. I just want to box everything up and store it in the basement but instead I know that he constantly pulls out action figures, remote controls, etc. and I don't want to hide everything away out of reach. I'd like to find something not too expensive and doesn't take up a lot of space.

Does anyone have any inventive ways to store toys?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hear you. What started out as one toy bin in the living room has turned into an overflow of toys that had to be moved to the other room. I'm about to go through everything and get those toys sorted. I picked up a medium sized bookshelf at a yard sale and I had planned to fill it with those plastic baskets/bins from the discount store. Instead, I think I'm going to wrap the bins or some heavy duty boxes with fabric, so it looks nicer, and organize the toys into appropriate boxes (action figures in one, toy food and dishes in another, etc.). It's not super inventive, but as long as it looks neat and tidy (and didn't cost much), it works for me.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We used a trunk as a coffee table in our living room for the longest time so we could throw toys in there when we needed to clean up quickly. I also have a spare dresser in what is used as our playroom that I found at a garage sale and painted. We use the drawers for toys. It has six drawers and we have two kids, so each kid gets 3 drawers. Underbed storage is always a good option too.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a chest for a coffee table, but it holds all of our tabletop games, such as board games and card games.

A dresser is a great idea! I'd love to get a new dresser for our master bedroom, and then I could use the current one for a toy chest.

Under the bed is always good, yes. I like to use large containers for the back row, so they can still be reached from the front (the bed is against the wall). If you can find the ones with wheels, even better. You can also glue some felt scraps to the bottom of containers to help them slide easier and avoid scratches, if you have a hard floor.