What Is A Action/thriller Book That You Could Not Put Down?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Webene • Jan 24, 2015.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Stories with action are one of the most exciting novels to read. The novels that are well written and have a great plot are difficult to put down, especially in the pivotal moments of the story. The best action novels have almost no boring or slow moments, and might even include unexpected twists throughout the story.
    Do you know of any action/thriller novels that always have you on the edge of your seat? What are your favorite novels which satisfy this criteria?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not for me. I prefer reading humor. I only read thrillers when I can't find good humor or horror novels to read.

For me, the best Thriller I've ever read is One Shot. I think you've seen the movie, "Jack Reacher." The book the movie was adapted from is much, much better than the movie.

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I just read an excellent action/thriller. It is called "First to Kill" from Andrew Peterson. It is actually a 4-book series staring this old sniper called, Nathan McBride. Peterson does a great job with this Nathan character, where you can really connect with him and understand why he acts the way he does.

Peterson also has a really good writing style, and he knows A LOT about the military, and guns.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    For me, I've got one favorite author in which once you start reading it, you cannot put it down until you finish it. I consider all novels of Sidney Sheldon as one of the most exciting novels to read. The twists and plots of the stories were very well written not to mention the unexpected ending of the story. I've been an avid reader of his novels. How I wish he lived long enough so he can write more.

5. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I had read a book by Louis L'Amour called the man called noon. It is a book about the protagonist getting shot in his head and losing his memory. It was a western. After about 5 years, I came across another book which starts with the protagonist getting shot and losing his memory. When I read the first few pages, I thought that it was a copy of that book but then as I progressed, I got so engrossed, I could not put it down. In fact, I read the book three times cover to cover, immediately after completing it each time. The name of the book is "The Bourne Identity". I did not like the other two books (or three) though.

6. neil williams

neil williamsNew Member

Threads:
    Talking of action books about people losing their memories and non-stop thrills, I wrote a novella about a time-traveller called Jason Finn, who, in order to get his hands on the 'date' his wife was murdered, travels back in time to witness unsolved murders committed throughout history for 'The Collective': a criminal network that sell the solved cases to bidders at auction. However, the closer Finn gets to the truth about his wife's death, the deeper he sinks into the evil he's hired to watch. It's a kind of bloodsoaked cross between Bourne and Minority Report, but with lots of ballistic action and darkness... CLOSURE: A NECESSARY EVIL.