What is a best christmas gift to give friends?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by himalipatel • Nov 16, 2013.

1. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i want to give a memorable christmas gift to my friend on this Christmas. so suggest me some gifts which i can give to my friend.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Without knowing much about them, it's pretty difficult. I tend to get them things that could only make sense to us. Something to do with a time we spent together or a place we went. All of my girlfriends are married with kids now too, so a "date night" package always goes well too. A little gift basket with a restaurant gift card, movie tickets etc.

3. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't believe there's anything wrong with cash, its front up but its sincere as well. If you know there's a store that they really really like then go with a gift card but apart from that I'd just go with cash, surely there's something they'd like though?

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what your friends normally like. I would think gift cards is probably the best option to buy for your friends. I usually give postcards and gift cards to some of my friends for Christmas. That way they know what they will be getting at the store in which the gift card is redeemable.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The best gift for anyone is something that comes from the heart. Giving cash just shows no thought or effort for that person. Take the time to make something or find that classic item that your friend always wanted. Tell them how they impacted your life and how much you appreciate them.

Don't just throw cash at them like they aren't worth significant effort.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd actually be weirded out out if a friend handed me cash. Like, what? You think I need help? lol. I wouldn't know how to take it haha

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do your friends like?

8. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    It depends on their likes and dislikes. You are the one who closely know about your friend in detail and you'll surely get few things that he/she really wanted to have if you give a determined think of it. Then you can easily gift them with that if that was in your budget. I think gifts are better when things they use daily are given, like watches, etc. They use it regularly and you will feel good to see that. Make a note of their favorites and it leaves you with less work in its selection.

My friends generally like watches, wallets, dresses, cosmetics and some decorative items for their rooms. Whenever I go for buying a gift for my friends I easily go to these sections in the store and find the best among them.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I second what some of the previous people mentioned that without really knowing your friends' personality and likes/dislikes it's kind of hard to know what to get them. Be mindful of the types of things that they like and buy the type of gift that you think they would enjoy. If you can't think of something, a gift card to a store you'll know they'll like is always good.

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely this is the best suggestion you could take.

If you are friend with them for long time, you could even recall something they would like in childhood or college time and surprise them getting what they said once to want.

You can also make a gift with your own hands, as in example, crafting an item made of wood or something like that.

11. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    To me, the most memorable gifts to give to friends are either homemade or involving some type of trip down memory lane.

For homemade gifts, you have to figure out what you can make and if it is appropriate for the receiver. In my case, I am an excellent crocheter. So, many of my pals get scarves and hats for Christmas.

If I want to talk a walk down memory lane with a friend, I opt for some type of frame or photo book.

are 'now' way to capture events involving loved ones and yourself.

12. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    When I buy Christmas presents for friends I get something that represents a past time or good memory I have had with that person. Most of these past-times are alcohol induced so I buy lots of funny 'piss-take' presents for my close friends.

13. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I often get my friends their favorite candy as a little side gift. I also get them things that represent our friendship or have to do with past memories. When I get them something, I want it to be memorable and I want it to be something that has meaning. Something that they will cherish see as something very important.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Am I weird for preferring cash as a gift? I'm pretty much a picky person when it comes to receiving gifts, so I don't mind being given cash. My family knows this, so that's what they do. I think there's nothing wrong in giving cash to your friend.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're not weird for anything, silly. getting cash from family is one thing, but personally.. if a friend gave me money it would be awkward for me. Maybe I'm alone in that, but I would wonder why they gave me money. I can understand why someone would do it, if they can't figure out what to buy or something and from family, it's a totally legit gift I'd be fine with, but from a friend? I don't know.. seems impersonal and slightly insulting unless they came right out and said they tried but couldn't find anything worthy " so here, get it yourself" LOL. That's just how I feel about it; I don't know :)

16. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I always make gift baskets for my friends, because it is thoughtful and relatively inexpensive. The nice thing is that they can be tailor-made to the individual. I load them down with "stocking-stuffer" like gifts of things that I know they will enjoy. You can even throw gift cards in their basket!

17. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I give house shoes, a blanket, and a coffee cup to make sure they are warm and snug on cold Minnesota days.