What is a good American car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Gussie • Sep 7, 2012.

1. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    We have been dedicated Chevy fans for many years, in both cars and trucks. We also have learned how great Toyotas can be, and have happily owned both for many years.

Just lately, the "Buy American" theme has been trotted out many times. By coincidence, when we got an HHR not long ago, we noticed that it had been assembled in Mexico. That got us thinking - we checked, and our Chevy pick up had been built in Canada!

But where was the Subaru made? Kentucky. And I have to tell you - Subaru makes a really dependable car, too. It rates right up there with the Toyotas - even Consumer Reports agrees! We've had fewer problems with our Subaru and Toyotas than most, plus they have been better built and run stronger, longer.

You can feel pretty good about buying American - American built Toyotas and Subarus.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of Subaru being made in America. I prefer Honda cars personally but if I had to choose a good quality American car I'd say GM/Buick. They make Cadillacs. That's the only car I know of that's American and also performs well. Unfortunately prices are another story.

3. Svoboda

SvobodaNew Member

Threads:
    The new Ford products are very nice. You can get lemons from any manufacturer. Find something in your price range and that has the features you want and you'll likely be good to go.

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Ford Ranger and it has served me well, in its tenth year. In terms of the buy American, actually it should be buy from the ones that create manufacturing jobs I think. I know where I am in Ontario, Canada, Ford creates manufacturing jobs. Honda is a huge employer in a small community not far from my home.
    And Toyota and General are also creating jobs. Not just showroom jobs but manufacturing jobs, I think that is the key. It might be an American firm or it might be a Japanese firm but if there are manufacturing jobs created at 'home,' that is a good thing.
    Ryder13