What is a Good Natural Cure for Dry Skin?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by pafjlh • Mar 12, 2013.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have this problem that I have been combating for what seems like forever. My face has certain areas that get dry and red. It is especially around my nose, forehead and eyebrow area. I have used so many creams and lotions over the years. Some have worked some haven't at all. I wanted to know if any of you have had this same problem. Is there a natural way to treat it that I don't know about?

2. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    If you have tried a lot of creams and moisturizers already, have you tried going to a dermatologist for a consultation? He/she may help you with regards to this. We have different types of skins, and what works with others might not work for your skin. I did the same when I was having problems with my pimples. I tried a lot based on what my friends said. But nothing worked. Then I decided to consult a dermatologist and she told me that I have a different type of skin from the others and should not always go by with what the others are using.

3. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    May be creams and moisturizers cannot be well absorbed by your skin. You may need a professional skin test and find the problem. Go to consult cosmetologist if necessary.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Try a moisturising mask of Greek yogurt and honey. Manuka honey is best for healing red, scaly patches on the skin. It's a lot more expensive than regular honey, but it's antibacterial, so if there's some sort of infection, you could try smearing that on your face on its own, then leave it for half an hour. Rinse off with warm - not hot or cold - water and pat dry. Another trick that may work is to massage your face with olive oil before bed. Put an old pillow case across the pillow to protect your bedding and leave it overnight. Again, wash off with warm water. Extremes of temperatures will serve to aggravate dry skin.

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Oh dry skin you say, tell me about it. I get dry patches on and around the back of my shoulders and on my elbows. One cream that has always worked for me is palmers cocoa butter. It works brilliantly, it's affordable and smells like something you'd tip on your ice-cream as a chocolaty fudge topping. But don't eat it, it tastes awful. lol ;) Anyway, being a man I felt weird about going and buying some, so I asked my mum. LOL!

Yes, I am a man and rub cream into my dry skin, what of it people it's 2013!! :D;)

41-zdqtecqL._SL500_AA300_.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This also makes me wonder if you're drinking enough water. My skin gets dry sometimes, but when I'm dehydrated it gets really dry and crackly.

7. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    My sister has been struggling with dermatological issues her entire life.

She has a problems like the ones you are describing. The things that she says have been somewhat helpful are:
    1)Masks with honey and avocado
    2)Exfoliating 2 times a day(she used exfoliating creams and some sort of..baking soda, I think)
    3)The fact that she stopped using soap on her face altogether. It's said that certain soaps dry the skin. Well for her all soaps were doing that, even the special dermatological ones.

My advice would be to see a dermatologist or try some of these things. Make sure whenever you go outside into cold weather your face is very well protected and you have it moisturized as cold can crack dry skin and do a lot of damage.