What is black soap actually?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by margarito • Jan 22, 2014.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    I recently came to know about a term, in the other forum, which is entirely strange to me and it is a BLACK SOAP :O I was first confused to read it because I never heard of it till date and it made me research on it for a while. It says that black soap is made from the ash of the locally harvested plants such as palm tree leaves, cocoa pods, shea tree bark, etc. But I couldn't come to a final conclusion whether it is readily available and is really good for our skin. It is only out of experience that we can stand to a decision and I finally decided to seek your advice. Where is this soap available and is it truly benefiting?

2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    The only type of black soap that I know of is African black soap that originates or is created in Ghana. I use a brand called Shea Moisture that creates organic African black soap and I love it! I know it to be all natural, organic and soothing to the skin. It helps repair, nourish and moisturize our skin and honestly is the only cleansing bar that has worked for my sensitive skin.

Give it a try! I hear that it only works well when it's all natural.

3. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Alaffia African Black Soap can be purchased at whole foods. Your description of black soap is the same as what my definition is, it is a very moisturizing soap. I purchase mines in liquid form I have tried a few bars but it is a hit or miss .. some work well other give me a rash. So I stick to Alaffia because it works for me.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I heard of black soap was a joke soap that we used to buy as children and it would produce a black ink when it lathered. So when I started hearing about it again I thought it was the same thing!

Does anyone know if it is anyy good for people with psoriasis or eczema?