What is something you never skimp on?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Oakster • Mar 25, 2014.

1. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:

I agreed footwear is extremely important. I have flat feet and had back problems from working a job that I stand most of the day. So yeah, I have learned to spend on lightweight, supportive sneakers. They do last longer the more expensive they are. In addition, my woman's under garments. Hey, the female body needs to be comfortable and present in a pretty manner. You know.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Running shoes (I used to be in cross country so I'm really particular about what running shoes I wear), and jeans. I can justify spending like 30+ dollars on a good pair of jeans, but other types of clothing I usually can't bring myself to do that :p

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    There are quite a few where I rarely skimp, or go for price over quality. I definitely am picky when it comes to clothes. Also tend to spend more on hotels as I cant really stomach cheap or nasty hotels. Also tend to spend more on food.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I've skimped on most things. Sometimes it turns out to be a great, cheaper alternative. Other times I'm back in the store the same day correcting my mistake. The only items I have never tried to skimp on, and never will are hygiene products; deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste, etc. I know it sounds really vain but being clean and smelling nice is a big priority for me. Nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than feeling and smelling dirty.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Organic food. I know it costs more, but I had some skin issues several years ago and in researching how to treat it and heal it naturally, eating organic was one of the thing that was highly recommended to help reduce the toxin load the body has to deal with on a daily basis. Since cleaning up my diet I have not had much trouble with my skin. I feel that organic food also has more nutrients because of how the soil is built up with natural fertilizers like manure. I won't skimp on my food because it directly affects my health.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never skimp on chocolate, to eat it should be a pleasure so when people buy me cheap chocolate I say thank you, but then I have to regift as I cannot eat it. To me it's a small luxury, a few seconds of pleasure and bad chocolate is worse than not eating any at all. Hershey's is not good chocolate by the way.

7. aparsons

aparsonsNew Member

Threads:
    Having just recently purchased my first home, I have to unfortunately skimp out on many things. The only thing that I can't give up, is my high-quality, whole bean, coffee. I made the mistake to purchasing good coffee about a year ago, and I cannot go back. The pre-ground, regular brand stuff just doesn't take good to be anymore. I used to enjoy it, I should have never switched!

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Coffee and wine are certainly not a concern of mine, but for example when buying shoes many times is clever to invest because the more we pay the more they will last, usually. ;)

9. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    For me, there are certain food brands and soaps that I enjoy using because their quality has been consistent. I am not opposed to trying a similar product but I usually come right back to my tried and true product choices. Also, tampons. I'm sorry, when you are dealing with a very personal use product like that cheap is just not where it is at! =)

10. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Everything and anything! Is a simple answer.

I hate paying more than what I have to when it comes to anything. Obviously if there's something that I want or need that costs a lot of money then obviously I will pay it but other wise I tend to shop around and try and get the cheapest price for everything.

Growing up we never had much money and it just became a way of life I guess so now, even though I can afford more I still don't like to pay more than what I should.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Everything pwarbi? :)

Yes, I have the same mentality, but actually I didn't have problems while growing up, but as an adult I realize that money doesn't come around easy, so nothing like saving and getting good deals, it's as important as making money.

12. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I don't have many brands in my house at all, but when it comes to shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste, they have to be good ones. They probably contain the exact same ingredients as the tore brand ones but I think it is psychological, particularly with the toothpaste, it just makes me feel better.

13. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    There are a lot of things I won't skimp on or settle for, but the first thing that comes to mind is chocolate. When I buy for Easter baskets, I only buy the best. The thought of my kids eating fake chocolate is weird. Besides, they don't eat it all ... so who do you think gets to finish it up? :)

14. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I like to buy fluffy expensive towels because they last longer and also I buy Egyptian cotton sheets for the same reason. I have a soft spot for good quality soap as well especially hand made ones. You may pay more but they really do outlast cheaper versions. Food is another matter; I look out for all the offers and love buy one get one free!