What is that new item that makes you look slimer, and does it work?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by BrittneyD • Apr 1, 2012.

1. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    There is a commercial that I see on TV alot featuring a gray, it almost looks like a back brace, item you wear under your clothes. It is suppose to make your belly look flatter. I can't remember the name of it, but I was wondering if it really worked. I have a pooch that I can't get rid of because I had surgery when I was 6 months pregnant. I have lost a lot of it, but the doctors said I will not lose anymore without plastic surgery because of the muscle being cut, and stretched, so much. I hate how it is very apparent with some of the clothes I wear. I even buy shirts bigger than my actual size to hide it.

Does anyone know what this is called, or if it really works? If you have tried it, was it comfortable? I am always trying to find something to hide my belly, but everything I have tried has been very uncomfortable or very noticeable.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Do you mean like the tummy tuck belt?

There are a bunch of name brands of them, but they're all essentially the same. No, they won't make it go away permanently, but yes, it's going to smooth you out so you're not all bulgy underneath your clothes. It's going to be like wearing a modern day corset (not as restrictive) and is just an illusion. So if you want to use it for something like that, awesome, go for it, but don't expect miracle physical changes after you take it back off.

3. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Honestly I don't believe in any of the tv ads that help you lose weight. EXCEPT for P90X, Insanity, and those products, cause they are extreme workout programs and I know they work because I've tried them before :) Their great :)

4. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like no matter how much weight she loses, she will still have that problem area due to the surgery. She mentioned muscles and such being cut.... What about just wearing spanx? I do not recommend the cheaper versions because they are uncomfortable, but spanx are not all at all. The material is super smooth and silky. The one I have goes from the bottom of the bra to mid thigh (wore it with a dress) and it made me feel really put together and confident.

5. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I have lost as much weight as I possibly can. The doctors want me to stop losing weight because it is coming off everywhere but my stomach area. I have had 4 surgeries in the past 10 years that the doctors have had to cut my stomach. Removing my gallbladder when I was 6 months pregnant pretty much ruined any chance of fully losing the stomach pooch. My muscles were never able to heal correctly due to having a baby constantly kicking them.

I know that in order to have my stomach go away forever, I would have to have plastic surgery. There is no way around that. I am just looking for something that will make my clothes look more flattering until I can get that done.

I have heard of spanx, and I bought some, but I think they were the cheap ones. They really didn't help the bulge go down at all. I will try to get the actual name brand and see if that will help. The thing that I saw on TV was gray, and it had a zipper to where you could adjust it to go in as much as you want it to. It looked like it might help, but I wasn't for sure how comfortable it would be.

Thank you all for your help. I will check into some of your suggestions.

6. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Try the real Spanx... they are a bit expensive, but worth it. If you are between a size I suggest going with the smaller size. The material is stretchy, but then you can be sure that it will be snug enough to smooth everything out.

7. calvinandhobbes

calvinandhobbesNew Member

Threads:
    Another trick to look slimmer, aside from spanx and other products like that, is just wearing the right style and color clothes. Black is a very slimming color, I have no idea why but it just makes you look 10 pounds thinner some how haha. And also try on lots of different clothes and see which styles help to slim you down.

8. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Maybe it will look undeneath the clothes but what will you do on the beach! It's not worth it! Plastic surgery is better option. Don't believe everything they say on TV!

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is an undergarment called body magic that helps your clothes look better on you, helps you to look like you lost 5lbs. It is not uncomfortable to wear just takes some getting use to. It has not been sold on tv it is sold by independent mlm consultants, it is not inexpensive but it does work, there have been news releases in the past about the undergarment. I have pain in my back sometimes, I have notice that I can fell the spasm in my back but no pain, it acted like a back brace.

10. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to try the Spanx for about a year now and just never have the extra money to buy one. My friend has one and swears by it! After having three c-sections I need all the help I can get!

11. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I haven't bought this item but I am sure that it works to a point. My problem with items like these are that they either roll up, down, or cause me to have extra rolls at the top or bottom of the garment where it is too tight. I also don't like how they interact with my shirt.

12. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually how my husband sees black colored clothes. Last Christmas, he even had costumized shirts done that both of us could use for our yearly family get together because he said the black color of the clothes would make us look slimmer. We both gained weight for the past years he thought that one way for us to hide our added pounds is for us to wear something dark.

13. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband saw on home shopping tv the so called jeggings. It is a stretchable jeans that would hide the bulge of the tummy. I checked the website and I got attracted. But when I called the number for some details, the operator on the other end couldn't give me a confirmation. My only question is what size of jeggings would fit me - medium or large. I gave my height and weight and yet there was no conclusive answer. So until now I still don't have that jeggings.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure about any of those, but I think Spanx would be great. I would wear them if I had a hot date maybe...lol. Mostly, I look for comfort in my clothes and I don't pay a lot of attention to ads that would cost a lot of money to put into place. I think if you want to look slimmer in your clothes going on a diet would be my best advice.

15. bluebetta

bluebettaMember

Threads:
    I haven't tried the product you describe. However I have tried the undergarment called Spanx that was mentioned by other posters. I second the opinion that Spanx are amazing. It felt about like wearing control top pantyhose or something similar. They were stretchy and light but the results were dramatic. They changed my shape more than any traditional girdle I ever tried but seemed so much less hot and stuffy. They would probably still be a little hot in summer though.

16. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I am aware of the slimming belt which is tied around the area to lose fat in adverts but I can not vouch for its effectiveness or not. One of the best strategies to burn belly fat is to go slow on fast foods and beer and setting a day or so every week for fasting as well as taking a light supper. Wearing a suit and a tie against a pot belly brings out a well rounded and impressive effect that should take attention away from the pot belly.

17. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I am not really sure the exact product that you are referring to, but at the same time I am not sure that it matters. I say that not because of the advertisement being on television, but that it refers to a magical weight loss solution. I have never bought into these, and outside of diet and exercise I will probably not believe in anything. I am waiting for something to change my mind, so maybe this one will be it, but I doubt it.

18. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard about this but have not yet tried it out. The salesman where we were buying some undergarments told us the if worn for a long time it does reduce the tummy. I don't know. As I said I have not tried it out as yet.

19. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    [​IMG]

Are you referring to this one? :D

20. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    My post may really help you @BrittneyD@BrittneyD. If I am not mistaken you are talking about that bulge that is usually found just above the pubic region, the toughest to loose. I know this better than anyone and I too had thought there was no real solution for this until I came across a YouTube video showing exercises targetting that particular area. Works like magic and It's worth a try.

The belts, well, I have tried and found just too uncomfortable and I even have tried something that is supposed to reduce belly fat by vibrations and sweat method. All these are useless. The only thing thst really works is right exercises and patience. Hope this really helps.