What is that one thing you always await for in movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by akiii123 • Oct 8, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Movies have a way of captivating our mind and body. I enjoy watching action packed movies and love it when the girls start fighting among each other for silly reasons. I think it is very important to enjoy at least some parts of the movie to enjoy it completely. I love the hitting and fighting scene in the movies.
    What do you love in movies?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like the trailers. I know you're talking about movie specifics but when I go and watch a movie, especially on the theaters I tend to go in early just to watch trailers. Even in DVD releases they have movie trailers playing before the actual film, I love watching them.

But as for the movie itself, I love the part when all the characters come together for one final clash when it comes to action movies and I also love to see twist endings. Parts where you're already convinced that the movie is done but then it hits you with something really unexpected.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I like in movies (and neither of these two things have to be in the same movie) is either when things start going downhill for the protagonist, and then he somehow finds a solution to the situation and turns things around, leading to a very happy ending, or just vulgar, irreverent, edgy humor. I like when things end happily, but I also like to laugh out loud.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like scenes emotional scenes best. These could come at any point in the movie. So there are quite a number of them. Take the example of scenes where the protagonist takes a hit, and is all miserable. Those are the moments I love most. The build-up [to the end] which follows is always great too.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Even since I've learned about the Wilhelm Scream I'm always on the lookout for it, so much that it gets quite a bit distracting.
    Whenever there's someone falling, a shootout or a major brawl, I have to listen carefully to the sound to try and catch it, you'd be surprised how often it comes up.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite movies are the ones we can see together as a family. I know there usually aren't a lot but when one comes out we all want to see it's the best. Our oldest is 19 so to get the entire family into a movie at the same time is a huge task in itself!!

Danyel :)

7. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I love trailers! I find a lot of them disappointing, but it's always fun to watch them before the movie you came for starts. Gets you in the mood and all. I also like to rewatch the trailers of my favorite movies -- it's like a fast call-back that makes me appreciate what I loved most about it in a very short time!

I like when characters come together for the greater good, with this sense of epic -- like in Pirates of the Carribbean 3, or LOTR 3 (the speech from Aragorn!), or in V for Vendetta... always gives me chills.

I'm also knocked in my shoes every time a character sacrifices himself/herself for someone else or for a cause (Sunshine; Lord of the Ring; tons of movies, actually, that I cannot even remember right now)

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like psychological thrillers, so I expect something unusual in movies, something that I never saw coming. Also, I look forward to bizarre, twisted aspects in a story, something that takes me some time to figure out. But, unfortunately, I usually figure out a film after 15 minutes and get bored sitting through the entire movie.

9. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I like to watch revenge flicks for some reason and I always look forward to the moment when the 'bad guys' get their dues, the harsher the punishment the better. It might get a bit predictable but there's always that thrill of justice finally being meted out as deserved.

10. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:

I think that The Count of Monte Cristo was a hugely appreciated story because of how much anticipation is built on the revenge plot! I think it's nice in that, because we want justice, we side with the charactr despite how extreme his quest could otherwise seem. And the longer it takes, the more complex the revenge is, and the more deceit and lies are made, the more suspense there is and the less predictable it gets because every time you expect the protagonist to act, he just spins a new twist for a more complicated revenge!

11. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    When I watch movies I usually watch the female lead character's hairstyles change. Most of the time they start off with a very neat hairstyle that is down, or an up-do even, but by the end of the movie, it's pretty much always down and wild looking. Not every movie, but a lot of them. So that's what I find interesting to watch for, because it just seems like a silly detail that they throw in.

12. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I like seeing fight scenes that are realistic, not those impossible kung fu thingies where the one being kicked flies to a wall several feet away. Fight scenes like those in the Bourne series or Taken, now those really get me pumped up.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like catching the trailers. I know we can watch trailers at home now anytime we want to but there's just something about getting to see trailers before a full feature that makes me feel that the whole theater experience is complete. If I miss it then it doesn't feel as satisfying even if the movie is great, unless I'm in a mods where it doesn't matter too much, but more often than not it does.

14. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I like a twist in the end in a movie. I like underplayed emotional scenes where you have to imagine yourselves to be in the actors' shoes to know that the particular emotion that he/she is feeling is legitimate. An example is The Crossing Guard. Beautiful movie, if you can get into the skin of the character.

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I always await for the climax of the movie, in which the secrets have already been revealed, and has already given you some sort of answers to the nagging questions on your mind such as who is the real killer, who is the real victim, which side of the story is true, something like that. I am always a sucker for suspense thrillers.

16. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the genre of the movie. For romantic movies, I wait for the finals kiss at the end, where the female lead would always raise her other foot to her back when it happens; so cheesy and cliche, but I like it. In action movies, I wait for the final scene where the main antagonist gets shot or stabbed by the lead actor, and says something cool after. I await every moment in comedy movies, because you really have to tune in to catch the jokes, especially those placed within the dialogues. I love those that have a funny script with a bit of slapstick.

17. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    In the more popular music, I can always tell if Hans Zimmer is the one in charge of music. His music and sounds are incredible in the movies Interstellar and Inception. I always see if Hans Zimmer is on the soundtrack list because it usually means it will be a great movie.