What is the best accessory to transform your outfit?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bright7 • Jul 26, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Accessories can totally transform any look and make it look fresh and current. My favorite accessory is the necklace. It can add a pop of color to a neutral outfit or transform the most basic dress into an outfit that is perfect for a night on the town. The best part is that you don't have to spend a lot of money for a nice necklace that you will give you plenty of possibilities.

If you are not a necklace gal, what is your favorite accessory to add a little something extra to your wardrobe?

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    A waist belt can really change your outfit. But if you don't have a dress or long shirt and the belt isn't needed I think a necklace would be my next choice. A necklace can be colorful, plain, eccentric and can really give a nice touch to your outfit. I also think hair barrets can make a difference. Maybe a large clippy, a pretty headband, a retro scrunchie.

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Not an accessory but I think shoes can really change an outfit. Like I can wear a little black dress with some pumps and it's an elegant look, then switch to some boots for a goth look, or flat sandals for a casual look.

I'm not a person that wears many accessories. Usually just earrings, sometimes bracelets or bangles. I rarely wear necklaces because I don't like the feeling of things around my neck. When I do wear them is those that are really long.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into accessories as much, but I find a great purse can totally change an outfit! I love to go out with an all black look, for example, and have a pop of bright pink or blue with a clutch or purse. I think that looks really cool! Also, even when I'm more casual, I can use my classic style bag and it makes the whole outfit look fancier and more polished.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite accessory is a scarf. They work all year round and you can find them in different shapes or sizes.

For a while, I crocheted a bunch to go with my wardrobe. Now, I am off that kick, but still use a few them from time to time.

The trick to using scarves is learning how to manipulate them in different ways. Below is a handy picture with different examples.

How-to-wear-a-scarf-women.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like True2Marie, I also like to wear colourful scarves that draw attention to my face. To be honest, I don't always get the time to find the right outfit for special occasions, or even just ordinary meetings. I usually just grab the first best thing out of my wardrobe, wrap a silken scarf around my neck, put some earrings in my ears and a bit of make-up and off I go. :)

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd pick necklace, definitely. I think it's a must for any outfit, and it's certainly a bit more versatile than some of the other accessories since it can be worn in any occasion or weather. I find headbands to be very charming too, and I wish they would come back in style. I find women who wear headbands to be very sleek.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    My two favorite accessories are a great statement bag or an awesome pair of shoes (not sure if these qualify as an accessory). I think an otherwise dull outfit can be pumped up by a great bag in either a bold color or with some nice detailing. I think shoes are a great accessory because they give you a chance to step out of your comfort zone and add a little spunk to a conservative outfit.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love a belt to add to a loose fitting dress to showcase my waistline. A nice belt also goes great with my pants and jeans. This is by far my favorite accessory as I feel a belt gives my clothes a neater and more sleek look.

10. jmg707

jmg707New Member

Threads:
    A great scarf can really make an outfit look special! Same is true for a unique jacket or colorful sweater or fabulous pair of heels. Make sure the color is noticeable. I love neutrals paired with just one pop of color!

11. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    As a guy, I definitely have to say that accessorising isn't perhaps the "main thing" we look for when we're getting dressed or looking for clothes to buy, but that doesn't say that we don't have special things that we like to wear, as part of our ensemble, when we go out.
    I, for one, love wearing my favorite watch: I think it's quite classy, stylish, and it can be worn with anything. It isn't a Rolex or anything, but I'm proud of how distinguished I think it makes me look, when I wear it with any outfit. In fact, I try not to "wear it out" too much, because I want it to last for a long time.
    Apart from my watch though, I tend to value my sneakers as a pretty good accessory as well, as they tend to go from casual to sporty to quasi-formal, as the styles and shapes of sneakers, has evolved as modern times have come.
    But, when I come to think of it, I'd really say that the best accessory that you have is...YOURSELF, simply because it's one's attitude that really does "add the finishing touch" to any ensemble that you might put together. I've seen situations where someone is quite well dressed, but because they exhibit a rather "slouchy" attitude, they just don't look as attractive as they probably could have.
    And in the reverse, I've seen persons who are quite simply dressed, and yet, the unmistakable confidence that I've seen them exhibit, has made them appear even more distinguished, elegant and attractive, as they have "truly brought off" their simple wardrobe.
    Sometimes less is more in terms of making yourself the true accessory of your clothing ensemble.

12. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not the person that loves to accessorize. I usually go out with just my wedding ring (yeah I know it doesn't count:D). Anyway, I find that there are times that I really need to accessorize like when I'm going to attend a very important event. For this purpose, a necklace and a dangling earrings will do but honestly I'm fine even with just the necklace. :)

13. bellagreen007

bellagreen007New Member

Threads:
    My favorite accessory is necklace also. Necklace can give a good look for a plain dress or shirt. I really love wearing necklace in plain dress or shirt. A good watch can also add some details to your dress but necklace is the best if you want to add pop color to your dress or shirt.