What Is The Best Dollar Store Item You Have Bought?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by ProNine • May 23, 2016.

1. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    We all go to convenience stores and buy from them, well, because they're convenient. What good finds have you all come across of and what do you use them for? Do they last long and what do you do with them? Personally, one of the best items I ever bought were containers which I use to store in either food or just odds and ends. What about you?

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    My most prized find was a collection of Italian paints! They came in small tubes and they had limited amounts in the tubes, but the paints themselves are extremely good quality! I never thought that the quality would be so great, in fact I went back to the store that very day and bought another set.

I've been using the same set for about 3 years now (clearly I don't paint much) but the colours are vibrant so I don't need many layers in order to get the colour that I want. It was an excellent find on my end.

3. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    That's amazing. You might not notice but I would say you hit two birds with one stone. Not only did you get such a good set for a low price, you also managed to achieve a hobby with a low price as well. Maybe you can even try practicing more and uploading pictures of your paintings somewhere here on the forum! The closest thing I had ever bought relating to arts was a set of colored pencils, but to be honest, they were pretty good quality and relatively cheap when I think about them. Unlike the typical brands which are dull in color and full of friction on paper, these pencils were pretty smooth and the colors really stood out.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gotten a number of great buys at the dollar store. The thing that stands out in my mind is that I got a book that Oprah did with her then personal trainer Bob Green. At the bookstore I had just seen it for 26.00 and I got it at Dollar Tree for a buck. I would cosider alot of the itemes I have pruchased have been well worth it.

5. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I normally buy many of my household goods at Dollar General. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, detergent, shampoo and pet supplies. There is really no reason in the world to spend more at other stores when I can get better deals at Dollar General in my own home town.

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Painting and drawing had always been a hobby of mine growing up, but unfortunately I haven't been able to practice as much because of school. Nursing school is very time absorbing. I bought the set in order to paint a couple flower pots that were sold by my community temple to raise money, it was awesome! Maybe one day I will post something up haha. Oh! That sounds like a good pencil crayon set, I myself have fancied the latest craze of "prisma colours", extremely brilliant colour but an equally brilliant price!

7. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I was able to pick up a 3kg bag of the allergy-free food my dog has to have for medical reasons in one of those stores for £1 once. Unfortunately they only had the 1 bag, but it was great to be able to get it at such a great price. Normally I'd be paying at least £4 for a small bag. So £1 for a larger one is definitely worth it!

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I was walking through Dollarama and saw Purrell hand santizer on the shelf. It was the large bottles that you use to refill the smaller ones. I was so shocked to see Purrell at the Dollar Store for $2.00 I bought 8 bottles. If I was to buy them at the drug store they would have been well over $10 each. I must have save over $60. I teach grade school so I go through a lot of hand santizer in my classroom so this was a great savings.

9. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm my best dollar store find probably has to be one of those exfoliating shower/back scrubbers. It may be a somewhat strange item to name as the best thing I've found at the dollar store, but it is truly great. At first, I felt like the texture was very rough and unpleasant, but I've gotten used to it and I can actually reach the entirety of my back!