What Is The Best Free Spreadsheets App?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by cocolgooh • Mar 9, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Im using Google Sheets at the moment and it seems pretty good, but I don't like having to be signed into my Google account in order to use it. I'd rather have something outside of that which I can keep separate. Are there any other decent spreadsheets alternatives out there that you can recommend?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I can recommend the following apps:
    • WPS Office. It's actually the number one free spreadsheet app on the Play store right now with over a hundred million downloads. It's a high quality, fast and free app that delivers without a price tag at all.
    • Polaris. The good thing about this one is it can open MS spreadsheet files.
    • Office Suite. Again another great app which has a great interface and works fast as well.
    Good luck!

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am kind of getting tired of Google Sheets. It seems to have most of everything that I need, but just when I think so there seems to be some issues with compatibility and formatting that just get annoying to have to deal with. I have always wondered what makes it so hard to have a quality option out there, but I have yet to find a really good one.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you both for your answers. I'll be sure to check out all of those, @Briannagodess@Briannagodess. Do you know if any of those work on iOS as well as Android? I expect office would work on both at least although somehow I was under the impression you had to pay for that so I'll definitely be checking that one out! Thanks again for your suggestions.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I just tried searching for these apps in the App Store and yes, they do work for IOS as well. I think Office has the option to upgrade to a premium version, although I'm not sure. The other two are completely free though. I've tried Polaris on my tablet before and it works flawlessly. Good luck and keep us posted on your thoughts about the apps!

6. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Ah so it's only the upgrade that costs? Okay. I'll definitely take a look at that one then, but I'll download the others and see what they're like as well. I think they all sound like they could be great apps!

Do those have options for other apps like documents apps as well? I know Office and Google do but the others I'd not heard of before.