What is The Best Gift for Husband?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by giftblooms • Jul 19, 2014.

1. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone,
    What is the best gift for husband's birthday?
    I want to give unique gift on his birthday.
    If I have give flowers then which type of flowers are best for him?
    Share your ideas here.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my experience, most men aren't all that interested in flowers unless they have a passion for it. Men usually like practical and useful things, so if you want to concentrate on flowers, give your husband a plant in a pot. Preferably some plant that produces fruit or vegetables. I think he will be a lot more interested in something that he regards as useful. And food is always useful. ;)

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I like to make my husband gift baskets. Last year for Father's Day (I'm still in charge of that holiday because my son is too young to understand), I put together a basket of all his favorite snack foods: root beer, beef jerky, candy. I also stuck some "coupons" in there that he could redeem at any time.

For our anniversary, I plan on doing another gift basket of "all the things I love about you." I will print off several tags about why I love him and attach them to an appropriate gift. For example, I can print a tag that says "I love that you're sweet" and attach it to a box of sweethearts. It might sound corny but those are some of the best gifts and you can definitely add practical gifts to a basket like that! It doesn't have to be an expensive endeavor either.

Other than gift baskets, I just try to pay attention to what he loves or really needs. Last year for Christmas, he had spent several months mentioning that he was due for new boots. I don't know if he was meaning to drop a hint but I took it as such and he loves his new boots. He is also a NASCAR fanatic so for our anniversary last year, I got him a subscription to NASCAR Illustrated. If you get or make him a gift that shows you're paying attention, I am sure that he will love it and be touched.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know your husband better than we do. What are his hobbies? Is he into sports, gadgets, cooking, etc? You can easily gauge what types of gifts he would like to receive if you were to give him one. But I think one of the most general gifts that you can give to men are watches and shirts. They never go out of style.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I always assumed that too but my husband has made it quite clear that he doesn't enjoy watches and won't wear them! Shirts are a great idea though. When all else fails, that's what I always go for. He can always use nice "date night" button-downs or more work shirts!