What Is The Cheapest Way To Workout?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by suegiplaye • Jul 28, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    The cheapest way to workout is by just going for jog everyday. The weather is getting cold but you can still try to go for a jog around your house. Doing your own exercises at home, like push ups and sit ups, are also a good idea. You can never go wrong with just copying dances from music videos.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are forms of working out that one can do that involves using one's own body weight in order to build muscle and cardio. I don't do these types of workouts myself, but my older sister does them all the time, especially when she can't get others to go do badminton with her. It is cheap because it just involves your own body.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I think that the cheapest way to workout to go for a walk or a run! Running can be a bit dangerous depending where you live and the terrain, but walking is always easy and free! I like to go for an hour long walk or make sure I walk at least 6 miles a day. I do three in the morning and three at night. It's great!

4. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Working out at home is much less expensive than working out at the gym. I work out at home with workout DVDS or online workout videos and tutorials. Check your local library for new workout DVDs! My local library allows me to check out up to 10 free DVDS at a time for one week, which is a great way to try out something new to see if you like it before purchasing it. Also, if you have a park or nature trail nearby, walking or running outside is a great way to work out and get fresh air and sunshine!

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Walking is best for weightloss, Pushups can also help build muscle, but you'd be much better off investing in some cheap dumbells, for just £15 there are an array of different exercises you can do. Gym membership is useless unless you want to specifically become a body builder.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think watching youtube videos is a great way. All you need is some dumbells and a yoga mat. There are so many videos out there that show you have to strength train and exercise using your own body weight.
    You can also get a lot of cheap exercise equipment such as resistance bands and a medicine ball on sale.

7. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    Before I had access to a gym, I assumed that working out at home was just as good and that it was silly to spend the money on a gym membership. Fast forward to today, and I wouldn't trade working out in the gym for anything else. I feel especially motivated when I'm in the gym, the general atmosphere gets me in the mood to work out, and the people around me stir a competitive drive that you wouldn't feel by yourself. When working out at home I often get distracted. Who wants to work out when your tv and unlimited hours of netflix movies are available to you? If you can be dedicated, at home is excellent, but most people don't actually have that determination. Keeping a workout routine is, no bull, hard. It's really hard. If it wasn't then everyone would go home after work and do their crossfit or yoga sessions. Sometimes you need to force yourself into a situation that breeds the need to run. Home is a place for relaxation and fun. Working out can be fun, but it's risky to have temptations to stop mid work out right in front of you.

(Edit, I forgot to post my main point, Planetfitness has a sale on their membership for ten bucks a month at the moment! Cheaper than dun-bells! Not sure of the catch tho! ;P )

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've recently started trying to get back into working out. My aerobics instructor came in last week with a bunch of leaflets advertising a 3 month bootcamp workout package that's really, really affordable! I like that it's outdoors and is done by this fitness nut who used to be in the army. I'm seriously considering joining up. I wonder if these exist elsewhere around the world because they could work out cheaper?

9. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Foe me is dance :)

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:The most cheapest way to workout is watching television and exercising for the amount of time you want to exercise without equipment. You can break the time 10 min. here and 15 min. there during the day and you'd have exercised 25 min. :D

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can definitely say dance again! That's another way of exercising that I LOVE because I enjoy both music and dancing, so really it doesn't even feel like a proper workout. I'm especially interested in trying Zumba one of these days. I'm convinced I'm the only person on earth who hasn't had the chance to try it out!

This too works out for me! Short spurts of exercises are actually said to be more effective than going hard for say 2 solid hours. At least that's what I keep reading :) My kind of exercise!

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a computer and internet service, it's cheap and fun to work out along to YouTube exercise tutorial videos. There are YouTube videos for any type of workout or dance that you can think of and it's all free. YouTube has taught me how to do everything from cook a $3 dinner to fix problems with my computer and DVR. It's a valuable tool in any thrifty person's arsenal.

13. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Go outside and play. Run around or go play at a park. Sounds weird, but hey it is free. Turn on some music and dance like a goober. I personally workout with the free videos on Youtube. I lost 15 pounds while following the free Jillian Michael's workouts. There are so many on there. There are a number of workouts using your furniture, cans, and other household items. Working out is so easy nowadays. Just moving around while you watch TV or situps doing commercials will help as long as you just move. You can also make your own. When I was a nanny, while the child was eating or watching a cartoon I would do: 20 squats, 20 sumo squats, 20 lunges, 20 butt bridges, sit ups, and an arm workout from Youtube I found using a towel and resistance.