What Is The Craziest/silliest Thing You Have Ever Done To Save Money?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by abonnen • Aug 31, 2016.

1. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I literally use to make my own cat litter, out of newspaper, and no it wasn't just shredding newspaper and putting it in a box, I had a recipe that had baking soda, newspaper and water. You had to let it dry for days before using it. Finally I found bags of litter that I liked and my cats liked that were a dollar each and decided to stop making it, while the newspaper only cost about 50 cents for a lot more, I can literally live with paying 4.00 a month for the cats litter now.

2. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    When I was a kid, I sold left over donuts from event door to door. It was a favor to my mom, though she only gave me a portion of the money. It was kind of fun but made me nervous to ask people if they wanted donuts. I ended up selling the last ten to a couple boys playing basketball. They inhaled them after they paid.

3. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to make my own dog food. I had to because I had three Labradors and they ate a lot every day. I do buy ready-made dog food, too, just in case I was too busy to make my own dog food. The ready-made dog food I buy in 25-kilo bags to save some money.

To make my own dog food, I go down early to the wet market. The chicken sellers would cut the flesh of the chickens and sell them separately. That leaves a lot of bones. Actually, there's quite a bit of chicken flesh still on the bones. However, there's a very big difference in price between the bones and just flesh. Something like I can get four kilos of bones for every kilo of flesh. I boil the chicken bones until they are soft. Then I cook rice and mix the two together. To add some flavor, I buy deep-fried chicken skin. This is sold by the hawkers who sell fried chicken. Many people don't like the skin with their fried chicken. So the skin is removed and fried separately. A lot of people buy that for their cats and dogs, too. Altogether, making my own dog food, I can get about two kilos of homemade food for every kilo of ready-made food. Plus the food is fresher. When I look at the list of ingredients used in the ready-made food, I find that my homemade dog food has got everything there.