What Is The Deal With Cafe Rio Pulled Pork?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Jan 26, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been reading through a whole slew of "copycat" recipes for this restaurant's pulled pork, which is supposed to be fantastic. However, since I live on the east coast, and apparently this is a west coast chain, I have no way of trying it out right now.

I'm curious to know if any of you have tried it, and if you could describe what it tastes like. Some of these recipes I am seeing range from really simple to a bunch of different ingredients. The easiest of which calls for one of my favorite pantry ingredients, El Pato spicy tomato sauce, along with a can of regular tomato sauce and some brown sugar. Then you just slow cook the pork, drain and shred it, add the "sauce" and slow cook it some more.

This sounds simple enough, but I question how good the sauce will taste, since it sounds like a super basic BBQ sauce.

Other recipes call for using stuff like a bottle of cola or root beer, which I am much more skeptical of.

If any of you work for Cafe Rio or have eaten there, I would love to learn more about what their pulled pork tastes like.