What is the difference between Normal Mode and Sleep Mode in an air conditioner ?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by donaldplozha • Aug 7, 2012.

1. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I always wanted to know if there is some difference between these two and what really changes when you switch to Sleep Mode. Is there less power consumed ?

2. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    Yes you are correct. The purpose of the sleep mode is too conserve energy when you are sleeping or not home. Do you have a thermostat that you are able to set a temperature on it? I would leave the air off when I am not home and chill out the house till bedtime then set the thermostat for it to go off and on through the night. In the morning I would turn it off. It is up to you and your schedule.

3. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    That's essentially what sleep mode is. It's to conserve power when you don't really need it to cool your house down like when you're sleeping. It depends on the air conditioning unit, but sometimes sleep mode just means that while you're sleeping, the temperature that it expels will be a couple of degrees warmer than what you set it to in order to save energy while you sleep.

Personally I just have my AC on through the say while I'm home and just shut it off before bed. I don't need it to be freezing when I'm not conscious to feel it!

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We set the thermostat in the bedroom AC unit so that it is not that cold at night, and when it is cooler, then we only use the fan function rather than the AC. Ours does not have a sleep mode; but it does have variable temperature settings, as well as different fan settings , and just a de-humidifier setting. We like to use that at night , because it dries out the air and makes it easier to breathe.