What is the difference between the movie Scream and Scary Movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 6, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am confused between the difference of Scream and Scary Movie. I haven't seen any Scary Movie and Scream. When I watched the Scream with my cousin, she said: "Oh, I've watched that. That's Scary Movie". The I went to correct her: "No, it's Scream". She insisted the she Sees the same scenes in Scary Movie". So I wonder now if they were just the same.

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Scary Movie is a parody of Scream and has many similar characters, scenes, and situations. It's pretty funny, and is worth watching at least once. Just don't watch any of them after the second one, though. They're terrible.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Fauxpat is exactly right!

Scream is the actual scary/horror movie. And Scary Movie is the movie that was made to make fun of it. They use very similar characters and storylines, but one of them is just making it super sarcastic and comical to poke fun at the original. It's basically calling out the original movie for being so lame instead of truly scary.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The surprising fact however is, SCREAM is considered a classic slasher movie while Scary Movies as parodies go is very far from being great. I watched the first two Scary Movie films but wasn't impressed - the acting itself wasn't that great. So whether SCREAM was lame or not, I'd prefer it over Scary Movie anytime.