What is the funniest Korean movie that you have watched?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 10, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since I have watched My Sassy Girl (a Korean romantic comedy), I fell in love with Korean movies. Koreans have a mastery of the romantic comedy genre that they seem to effortlessly create them in Bunches. The funniest Korean movie that I have watched is probably Sex is Zero. I couldn't stop laughing at the outrageous scenes in the movie. If you are 18 and above (yes it has adult themes) definitely watch this movie.

Have you ever watched a Korean movie? What's the funniest that you have seen so far?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The Communist Godzilla one from North Korea? :p

I'm a fan of South Korean films too. I like all kinds of Asian films, but I think South Koreans one, in general, are better than Chinese and even Japanese ones. I don't think I've watched any comedies, but I've seen thrillers like Madeo, Oldboy, The Chaser, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, among others, and can very easily fit them into my top 15 movies.

3. lindbergh

Threads:
    The Communist Godzilla? Wasn't this movie created by the late Kim Jong II wherein he had to kidnap a south Korean director just to make the movie? Sounds Super cool.:p

It seems like you know your way around Korean movies man. I'll check some of your favorites out later.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    It is off. The. Hook. It's called Pulgasari, and yep, it's a train wreck mixed with political propaganda.

It's one of the smallest monsters I've ever seen.

5. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    My Sassy Girl also for me. I love Korean films as well. The way they incorporate comedy and romance is incredible. Like how My Sassy Girl started, it was really funny and I laughed my heart out in every scene, then it gets on eventually morphs into a more serious tone without being too drastic. The transition is really impressive. Windstruck is also the same, it started on a comedy tone then later I found myself crying a bucket of tears. Those two movies are my best bet always when it comes to Korean films.

My Sassy Girl has an english version but it fails in comparison to the original one.

6. lindbergh

Threads:
    I also watched Windstruck and I also liked it very much. You're spot on in your analysis when you say that Koreans are pretty good at mixing up comedy and drama. I didn't watch the Hollywood remake of My Sassy Girl though. I knew that it would suck.

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Oh you should watch "Sex Is Zero" both 1 and 2 guys. Those were the best Korean comedy movies that I have ever watched. Both were fun and exciting. Those are the movies that made me appreciate Korean film making. Now I do not just watch Korean comedy movies but Korean Drama as well. :D