What is the most expensive mobile phone that you had/have?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by tosaytheleast • May 14, 2012.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Hello guys! I am just curious. Nowadays, mobile phones(smartphones) could just be the only thing you'll need as it has everything with it. All in one!

People of today would definitely spend much money on the latest smart phones on the market so how about you? What is the most expensive mobile phone that you had/have? How long did you use it or how long have you been using it?

Mine was Samsung Galaxy SII. Bought it last year and I am still using it up to now. I got it for $500 I think.

2. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    The most expensive mobile phone I've had has to be my iPhone 4S for $400. I love this phone personally it works wounders for me.

3. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I don't out right buy my phones, I get them when my contract is up for next to nothing. I guess the most expensive for me would be my iPhone 4 for $74.99. I can't imagine spending upwards of $500 for a phone!

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I second that statement $500 for a phone is outrageous. The most I've ever spent was $200 for the phone I have now. That was too much for me, but it does do everything I want and more. I usually wait until the price goes down before I purchase anything. If you have the extra money to afford that phone, then by all means spend away. I just can't afford to pay that much for a smartphone.

5. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    The most expensive phone I bought is my iPhone. This is a great phone and one which has easily paid for itself. Without this, I would be lost, but it is something I really like to have because it makes life so much easier.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I paid $500 for my IPHONE4. I didn't want to be locked in a contract. I have had it about 1 year so far. No problems, knock on wood. I wouldn't trade it for the world. If I something happened it, I would definitely get another one to replace it.

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    My iPhone 3GS - $200 but it was a gift so for me it was free. I would say now people are willing to pay more because of what the gadgets can do. No one would pay $300 for a regular bar phone but a touch screen smart phone is a different story.

8. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive phone I ever got was the razor back in 2008, which was about $100. Now I just use the cheapest phones I can find. I really don't care about having expensive cell phones because I do everything online. I'd rather spend a lot of money on a laptop or ipad.

#8May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Yikes! $500 for a phone? I would rather buy a laptop. You can make calls on a laptop too with Google Voice. lol I have never spent more than $50 for a phone. I always get one when I upgrade or I buy them on ebay if I break one before it is time to upgrade. My last phone cost me $15 and that is with shipping included.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The one I currently own! I paid about $300 for my Defy. That was a good price considering it was in GREAT condition and was already rooted and had a cool ROM.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I think the iPhone 4s won this in my life. LOL bought mine for $699 outside the US!

12. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would have had to been one of the BlackBerrys that I have bought over the years. Although, I have my eye on a phone coming out this summer that will probably beat them all.

13. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    iPhone 4. Bought it because my old phone kept playing up and turning off otherwise I wouldn't have bought a new phone.

14. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive phone that I bought with my own money would be my current phone that is Nokia E71. I'm looking at buying the Samsung Galaxy Note. Not a fan of iPhones or Blackberrys. I love Nokia phones and I've always used Nokia but after I saw the Samsung Galaxy Note, I think I'll convert to Samsung :D

15. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    The most expensive mobile device I have ever had is the only I presently own: a BlackBerry 4G. Due to my job, I was looking for a smartphone and I was given a BlackBerry by my provider, Koodo. The only thing I like from it is the camera that comes with it. Other than that, I don't really fully utilize the capabilities so I should've just kept a flip phone (it is nice to not get evil looks from my colleagues, though, because I have a flip phone).

With Research in Motion struggling, I should've waited a little bit longer because the BlackBerry devices will definitely go down in price.

16. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    i have Samsung Galaxy-Y Duos Lite android phone. its cost is Rs/- 6800. i love my phone :rolleyes:

17. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My husband bought me a Blackberry Curve for my birthday in June, and it cost just under £200 (around $300). It's nice to use, and I like the keyboard for sending text messages, but I don't really use it to its full capabilities. I do like the fact that the alarm is easy to set, though, as I prefer a phone alarm rather than a regular alarm.

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    HTC Desire. I bought it the first day it got released, it cost around.. $600? Before that, I usually either bought a mid-range phones, or old secondhand smartphone models.

19. jooomes

jooomesNew Member

Threads:
    The most expensive phone that I've owned is my current phone. It is a Virgin Mobile smartphone called the Optimus Slider. It runs on Android 2.3.4 and isn't that bad of a device. It's pretty entry level and around $100. There's a keypad which is the reason I purchased the device in the first place. If I had to choose a phone right now I'd go with the Kyocera Rise also from Virgin Mobile just because of the plan prices and the phone's price and that it has a hard keypad.

20. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    The most that I have spent for a phone was almost $500. I bought the iPhone 5 when it first came out. I could have got it on contract but I wanted it to be unlocked to I would not be stuck with one company if I decided to switch.