What Is The Most You Ever Paid For A Piece Of Clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mockingbird • Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    My boss is addicted to internet shopping. She spends hours each day looking at shoes and dresses. If she is not on the internet she is browsing a magazine. She's buys some of the most expensive clothing items I have ever seen. Just last week she was showing me this sundress she wanted to buy that was $400. Before that was a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes that were $900. What is the most amount of money you have ever spent for either clothing or shoes?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most I ever paid for an article of clothing was $450, and that was for my wedding dress (which is considered inexpensive as far as wedding dresses go). I have a very good friend who used to budget $1000 a month for clothing. I just cannot imagine. Of course, as much as I love her, it did eventually catch up to her and now she is resolved to sell all her brand names clothing articles and wishes she had even cut that budget in half and saved more money instead. If I had a pair of $900 shoes I don't think I'd even trust myself to remove them from the shoebox!

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not nowhere near that amount on one item. The most I have spent on a certain item (a pair of sneakers to be exact) was $250. They were a pair of Nike SBs that I really wanted.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most I've paid for a single item of clothing so far was £300 for this gorgeous, elegant but very understated dress in champagne. I just had to have it, and my husband agreed upon seeing me in it :) It was to be my outfit for one of my favourite cousins' wedding. I don't make a habit of splurging too much on one item because I love clothes too much and would rather spread that amount across three or four good quality items.

5. RobertCMcElveen

RobertCMcElveenNew Member

Threads:
    I never spent that much high money on my clothes or shoes. I buy more, but only cheapest one.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most that I have spent on clothing is $51 on a pair of Skechers rubber shoes. I don't think I would want to spend more than $60 on a pair of rubber shoes. I would rather splurge my money on electronic items instead.

7. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    About 50Euros for some clothing. I think it was a jacket or something a few years ago. I wouldn't spend that much money on online clothing anymore. Some websites managed to squeeze way too much money from me and I dislike that.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most money I've ever spent on something was my winter coat and it was roughly 80 something dollars I think? I remembered flinching at the price, but I desperately needed a good and thick winter coat, that actually fit and looked nice so I bought it. (I needed a coat I could wear to work and not be embarrassed or look like a teenager.) I've had that coat for several years and it still fits and looks nice, thank goodness! It was a good investment.

I've recently started shopping at Torrid, and hoo wee their clothes are EXPENSIVE. I try to wait for them to have their sales before buying anything though; I've gotten some good deals that way. I recently got a $50 gift card to there though, and I need some need shorts, so I might have to go and splurge a lil bit, haha.

9. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    The prices of clothing and shoes are different in every country. In the usa you can get things for so cheap, that I find it hard to justify spending a lot of money because I know there are so many less expensive alternatives. The most I have ever paid for shoes here is $40 for a pair of Donald J Pliner marked down for $200. Then I don't think I've ever paid more than $80 for a winter jacket.