What is the weirdest gift you've ever got?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Qponolic • Mar 26, 2013.

1. Qponolic

QponolicNew Member

Threads:
    What's the strangest thing you have got as a gift for a bday or Christmas? Mine was a really old used puzzle... in a broken box, lol!

Susie Q

2. vauxhall

vauxhallNew Member

Threads:
    Probably some sherry classes my birthday from a friend when I was 22, I guess they just thought I was a guy that liked to sip cherry in front of an open fire :) lol

3. Bigdaddy

BigdaddyNew Member

Threads:
    Some moons ago while i was broke..i got my then gf a book for 2.99 :p

...and pretended that i meant it...:D

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once when I was in elementary school, we had a secret Santa exchange and I received a camera box with a dirty stuffed dog inside. I was just a child so I felt kind of cheated that I gave a Play Doh barber shop set with the little people that grew Play Doh hair and received a dirty stuffed dog in the box from a camera.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I received a figurine during our Christmas exchange gift back when I was in high school. A figurine is not really the best thing to give to a teenager right?

6. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I had been talking to my friends about why I find it difficult to keep my legs clean and without any dark colors on the soles. I had even developed some cracks especially when I wore sandals for over a week. Little did I know that my friend would give me a stone for scrubbing my legs as a birthday gift. It was perfectly wrapped in a way that I could hardly tell. It was wrapped in a large carton that at first i thought It was a piece of cake from my favorite bakery. On that day, I had invited some of my friends to celebrate the birthday with me, so I was eager to open it up to see what was in it but my friend, the one who gave the gift asked me not to. That even made me anxious and had to end the party earlier than planned to check out my gift. That was the funniest and weirdest moment of my life when I opened the box only to find a tiny stone at the center with some candies around the pumice stone

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once received a cellulite removal kit from my sister for Christmas. It was really weird because at the time, I ran 20 miles per week and didn't have any extra fat on me. I was insulted.

8. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I haven't really received any funny weird one but I can remember my friend gave me a set of tin for sewing but I don't do sewing so whats shes on about? hgahahahaha

9. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I think the weirdest thing I got on Christmas was and eraser (the one to erase pencil marks). I mean yeah it's just a small gift from an officemate that she has given to all of us in the office. But I just don't get it why eraser when no one uses it??? :confused:

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get weird presents but I certainly get a lot of pairs of socks and cans of deodorant - are they trying to tell me something?! :p

11. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Hahaha..hubby and I usually give his kids body sprays and body wash during Christmas. That would definitely tell them something! ;)

12. AnnaBee75

AnnaBee75New Member

Threads:
    My husband and I were really young at that time and we had one old car that had broken down right around my b-day. So, My husband gave a carburetor as a gift for my b-day.

13. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I received a watch for Christmas and it was a man's watch. It clearly read "For Men". When I looked at it, I immediately knew it was a man's watch without looking at the package. LOL!

It looked ridiculous on my arm, my step dads family always gives me crappy presents.

14. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't call it weird, more just a unique present. My friend drew a framed picture of me as a bobble-head. She did it because we were both really into The Office and Dwight had his own bobble-head. It was a really thoughtful gift and she is really talented.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get the weirdest gifts from my kids lol. Without fail, every special occasion with gifts, I open completely random presents from them and I absolutely love it. They're older now, so they do it on purpose at this point.. it's tradition lol.

16. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    the weirdest gift that I ever received I guess was a hand towel plus a soap given to me by a classmate when I was 12. I was really wondering why he gave me those things. I though that maybe she sees me as a guy who does not take a bath or maybe she thinks I am too poor to buy my own soap. I felt weird and insulted that time. I was 12 you know. :D

17. nick_ro

nick_roNew Member

Threads:
    My gift was not really weird, but very funny! When I was 15 I received a pair red bikini with an elephant on the front! :cool::p

18. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    Years ago, my then so called boyfriend told me to give my hand to him, and I did. Little did I know, that it was going to be a silver plastic ring that he bought from the candy and bumble gum machine from the laundry. I thought "REALLY"?????!!!!!! :eek:

19. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I got a billiards set as a gift. I have never even been too interested in this game and then I received a miniature table and set. I actually still enjoy it to this day. I was really surprised when I first received it to the point where I needed to ask if it was for me(haha). It was quite an amusing day.

20. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    The weirdest gift I ever received was a bottle of rubbing alcohol. I mean alcohol is very useful but who gives that as a birthday present? I thought it was strange. It should have been a bottle of rum. That's one bottle of alcohol I could be content with. LOL.