What is the worst product you have ever purchased?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by wickerbaskets • Jul 30, 2012.

1. wickerbaskets

wickerbasketsNew Member

Threads:
    What is a product that you regretted ever buying because it was so cheap and shoddy.

2. edensatombomb

edensatombombNew Member

Threads:
    The worst product I've ever bought was sea monkeys. The add in the back of the comic maid them look so cool. I sent my money in expecting an amazing world of undersea adventure to come in the mail. What i got was some stinking brine shrimp my cat drank.

3. Spongecake

SpongecakeNew Member

Threads:
    Oh no, Eden! I liked my seamonkeys, but at that point in my life I would have been fine with a pet rock.

I was rather unhappy with a box of Natural Instincts hair dye in Spiced Tea. I knew that I was taking a risk by dyeing my hair at home, but I did a test strand and it worked out fine. In fact, the dye job itself was lovely. Unfortunately the box came with a little packet of "hair refresher" that was designed to be applied after two weeks to keep color vibrant.

It certainly kept my hair vibrant...a vibrant ORANGE!

4. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    Well, my most recent disappointment was purchasing a cable modem. I thought I would save some money by buying instead of leasing. Wrong, had it one month and it crapped out. Of course silly me didn't buy the warranty off of Amazon so I'm just out eighty bucks.

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Good question. Honestly, I don't know if I could just say one or a particular product. But the worst products I find, are often hair/beauty products. A lot of them are really overpriced and don't actually do what they claim to. I always read lots of reviews now before purchasing anything, but I hate wasting money on useless products!

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a fan for my computer from Amazon, and it broke within 2 weeks. It didn't cost that much, so I didn't expect it to work. I understand why it was so cheap, I'll never buy something like that again.

7. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    My blackberry curve, started dying for no reason recently, wasn't even 5 months old. Now i have to buy a new phone and i don't know what to choose D:

8. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I second the sea monkeys thing. I was still a kid and i thought that these things would be the greatest thing ever. Of course my excitement turned to disappointment when I put them in the bowl and they were only brine shrimp. I have bought a lot of rotten things but I always think about those sea monkeys.

9. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Mine was a DVD player. It was quite thin and small (that's what she said:D) and cost under £50. I plugged it in and put in a film to watch. Closed the draw and pressed play. It fizzed and crackled and a puff of black smoke came out of the back. I had to take it apart to retreive my CD.

10. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    A pair of pants from Target. Never again. Sucks, but they weren't worth the few bucks I paid for them.

11. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    ..I purchased a book for $50.00, which was supposed to contain information on companies, who had jobs for people who wanted to work from home. The book arrived fine, but when I started calling the companies, they were either out of business, non-existent, or wrong numbers. The book was a serious disappointment, A waste of my $50.00.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased a MP3 player that died on me in less than a week. The company gave me a hard time to return it, it was a waste of money and time. I was trying to listen to some training recordings while I traveled to work.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a $30 blender at Target and it broke after a week. I bought 2 different cheap coffeemakers from Walmart that leaked coffee everywhere. Actually with the money I wasted on those 3 items, I could have gotten a really nice coffeemaker. :(

14. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I bought an Android tablet PC - it was brand new and not all that expensive considering the price of others around (£100) but it does nothing! The games, which were the whole reason I bought it to stop my sons badgering me while I am working, don't even work or are really slow. The music is tinny and beyond that, it is just a glorified diary! I was so disappointed

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased a tape for my Game Boy color once. I have played some of the games in it, but when I got to this particular game (it had many games in a single tape) it was kind of faulty and the game doesn't load. So I returned it to the store because it was under warranty. And they replaced it.

16. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    The worst product I ever purchased was an upright Bissell vacuum cleaner about 7 years ago. It was one of the cheaper models, but it was still supposed to be a nice vacuum. No matter what, you would think it would last longer than a day! From the first day, I had problems with the hose staying on, and I felt I had done something wrong. It was a bagless container vacuum, and it was my first one like that. However, come to find out, it was just a very simple and easy-to-malfunction piece of equipment, the hose and the vacuum itself. Now I'm sure Bissell sells some good vacuums, but they sure aren't in my home.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've bought so much crap online that I couldn't list all the products I've been dissatisfied with. However, there's one I really disliked that I bought recently. It's a tablet support, that is supposed to be clamped to any plain surface. However, its quality is so bad that it keeps moving up and down when I touch the screen. Ah! And the stupid seller said it was suitable for tablets from 7" to 10", but my 7" tablet barely fits in there.