What is the worst product you've ever used?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Lieutenant • Apr 5, 2012.

1. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    What was the worst product that you have ever used in your life? Was it an appliance or maybe even a service. I am very interested to hear responses.

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I would say the Macy's hair salon at Westfield Mall in Hialeah, FL (used to be West Land Mall) back in 2004. I went for a tightly scheduled appointment during spring break for a trim and red highlights (which is fairly simple) and I walked out with an uneven hair cut and hot pink highlights which faded into a nasty hi-c orange the very next day!!!! Needless to say when the lady turned me around on the chair and let me see the horror she had accomplished on my head I cried! My mother who was with me at the tme ( I was 16) told the lady off and ripped me out of the chair without paying for the service. I had to die my hair that weekend because everyone at school was calling me salmon head. GOOD JOB MACYS

3. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    Great Clips was the worst service I had ever tried. I have very thick hair and have to get it cut often in oder to thin it out. I was low on funds so I decided to give Great Clips a try. I asked for long layers in order to cut out some of the weight. The woman cut my hair well above my shoulder and then took a razor to it. I almost cried because I did not want my hair that short. The razor ended up causing a lot of frizz problems.

I tried to take my son there because I figured that it would be hard to mess up a little boy's hair cut. All he needed was a size 2 on the sides and a size 4 on the top using the trimmers. This woman ended up up making his hair completely uneven. She started on his sides and I realized that she didn't even put the size 2 guard on. She just took the trimmers and started to shave his head. Then she took the scissors and did an awful job on the top. I took him to another salon and they had to shave his head because it was the only way to fix it. I will never go back to Great Clips again. I don't mind paying the extra money if it means that the job is done right.

4. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    For me, in my recent memory I'd have to say the Brita water filter system. I bought it back at a time when it was brand new and expensive. Worst money I spent in years. It worked for a GRAND total of 2 days before it just stopped filtering the tap water properly.

5. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    Nice posts. For me it would have to be Walmart's customer service. It is the worst I have ever seen. You can walk up to a person in a Walmart uniform and they will ignore you or tell you to go to the other side of the store to find an item that they don't even carry.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with you on Walmart. I have a list that seems like a mile long that Walmart can use improving on. The service, the prices always scanning wrong, service rarely has a smile, and yeah I can go on for quite a list.

7. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    When it comes to Walmart, there is one in South Philadelphia that is universally called the worst. I have been there only a few times and each time it got worse. The customer service was non existent. You would see 20 people in one line and 10 employees just standing around instead of opening another register. Some of the items on the shelves were out of place. Out of place like seeing cat food over in the shoe department. If you are a glutton for punishment, it it the place for you.

8. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    For me, it was Aqua Water Service. We wasted about 5 grand on it and could honestly tell you that I saw no difference. The sales man was very convincing and we were new home owners. This was the worst decision.

9. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I use a Remington brush that keeps burning after a couple of years. But I keep buying it because it brings the results I want. I have bought three so far from different stores and they all end up with the same problem

10. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Maybelline affinitone foundation!!! Really really bad! Bad cover, bad colors, bad texture... The only good thing was the advertising :( I am glad that it was cheap! I would try Loreal's Lumi Magic!

11. KingB

KingBNew Member

Threads:
    For me it would be Clearisal face wash. I don't know if it was just me but it seemed to make my face even worse. I happily switched to Neutrogena and it works wonders.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I was very disappointed in the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I bought one when it first came out and it really did not do what I thought it would do. The commercial made it look like it could clean just about anything but really it was just a soft white pad that couldn't clean anything. I had better results with the yellow sponge with the green scrub pad on one side. I haven't bought another one since.

13. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Yeah buying world of warcraft accounts online for 200$ and having them stolen back from the owner so they can be resold... then im SOL :(

14. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    How did you notice it stopped working? Was there a change in taste or odor? I use Brita pitchers with good luck, but was thinking of switching to the filter that goes directly on the faucet so I would love to hear more.

15. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    I have heard of many of these complaints. The one common in my area is water services to come out and sell water products to customers who have well water and it costs them thousands of dollars when the well water is just fine.

16. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I used the Purex 1 in three laundry detergent and fabric softener things. They RUINED an entire load of my clothes which was most of my wardrobe. I would not recommend using them at all and I believe that they have been pulled from the market.

17. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    Smart Style, the hair salon in located in Wal-mart, has always given me horrible service. I maybe had one good experience there and that was just for getting my bangs trimmed. Otherwise, all other times I've tried going there, they would never listen to me when I'd tell them exactly what I wanted them to do with my hair. I would make sure to tell them how many layers I wanted, where I wanted them, not to add too much volume to my hair, etc. Every time I would leave that place, I would have crazy hair that never looked good. They would always make sure that my hair style was really big, with way too much volume. If I was getting my hair cut really short, they would add so much volume, that it looked like my hair had a life of it's own. I will never step into a Smart Style again, no matter how convenient it is.

18. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Shark steam mop. Everyone raved about it, so I bought one. Liked it for about a month, and then it malfunctioned and burned the heck out of me. The steam was getting trapped and coming out the side instead of the bottom when I tried to mop. I fiddled around with it trying to fix it, but it kept doing the same thing. I ended up throwing it out (I couldn't find the receipt, and had bought it online, so returning it would have been more trouble than I wanted to deal with). Worst hundred bucks ever spent.

19. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I had bad service from Microsoft. My son's online gameplaying account was disabled - I had to call, and there was no live employee to talk to! It was around 12 am, but a company as filthy-rich as Microsoft should staff customer service reps around the clock. It turns out that the account had been disabled(b/c of yet another problem with MS - someone stole my cc info. off of my son's xbox account with obviously no difficulty and used it to buy MS points; so MS disabled the account then, and failed to reactivate it when they were supposed to). I wasted a lot of time on that one, and I will never forget it.

20. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that happens pretty much. In highschool I had a classmate that was making a lot of money from his account, selling it and then getting it back. He even sold it once for 900 euros :)

The worst product I bought recently was an mp4 player from a chinese website. The manufacturer was Uxcell. The cover was metal, but at first gentle drop the screen cracked. It was 2 made of 2 layers, so it still works, but it's hard to see anything. Also, many problem with software. And the nicest thing of all, any pair of headphones I introduce in it is ruined forever, I don't know what exactly it does, but after using it all headphones give very distorted sound.