What Is Travel Rewards?

Discussion in Travel started by sidjohn • May 4, 2016.

1. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    I have no idea about travel rewards but often heard about it and even I see it in a community where are some travel rewards were discussing . But I can't understand what is this and how beneficial for travelers. I am curious to know and looking for informative replies to know what basically is travel reward?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about airmiles and loyalty card points, or ones with hotels? They all offer points that you can use towards flights and accommodation, you just have to sign up with them. Many do offer bonus points when you sign up too, but it all depends on which chain you are more likely to use.

Basically for each dollar or mile you spend or travel you get a point or points, then when you reach a certain amount you can redeem them for rewards like a free night, or a free flight.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only travel rewards I have is the miles. There are 2 airlines that I am enrolled in, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific. I already have amassed a good number of miles that I can already use for domestic travel but I'm not redeeming it yet. It's nice to think that when we travel, we somehow get something as a bonus. I'm searching for a similar bonus points with accommodations abroad but I cannot find any.

4. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    I must say it is quite helpful for me and I would like to join such kind of sites to get a reward and earn points because travelling is my passion and I would love to spend time out from home every weekend to make it exciting for me.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can join many online for free even if you haven't traveled with a company or stayed in a hotel. I find it's better to sign up beforehand, then when you do want to go you have membership already. In addition you get sent offers with member discounts, and also bonus point offers. Even if you don't use it they are they in case you do.