What Is Way Cheaper, Travel On Ferry Or Plane?

Discussion in Travel started by FenWoFon • Apr 15, 2016.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    The tittle says it all, I would like to see what is cheaper and better for me, I plan on going to Aruba with my family but I do not really know what is the best? What do you guys think? by the way, has anybody of you gone to aruba? is yes, which flight company or ferry company are the cheapest but with good quality?

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on where you're going, but I usually prefer to go on a ferry as it means that I am able to take my car with me and not have to worry about hiring one on the other side. If the journey is more of a long distance then I wouldn't want to get the ferry as the journey would be too long, and in those cases I would much prefer to fly instead.

3. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I was thinking abouttaking the ferry because my girlfriend mom does not really like taking planes, however I am agree with what you said about the car, I did not really think about that point at all, thank you!

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some years ago, we went to Coron island which is south of Manila. We took the big ferry called Super Ferry which has a very comfortable cabin for the 7 of us. It was my sister's treat for my husband and me. On our first night in the resort, I learned that the fare in the Ferry is equivalent to the plane fare. A plane trip for 30 minutes versus a 12-hour trip in the ferry. It seems that it is more economical to take the plane because you save on time even against the free food of the ferry and the sights in the ocean.

5. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest you too chose your way through ferry.

! I like you shared post and it had sufficient stuff for me too.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think ferry is almost always going to turn out cheaper because it is slower and isn't as popular as flying. I once took a ferry as travel and had I gone with a plane I would have gotten to my destination within a few hours but because I chose to ride a ferry it took me a whole day or two but I didn't mind and the choice was deliberate anyway since I preferred being able to save my money and use it at the actual destination. It's important to research and calculate but I think in general it will always turn out to be cheaper than flying.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Traveling by ferry can be cheaper and unless you're one of those people who get seasick sea travel isn't all that bad. That said, I think your choice should be determined by the length of your vacation. If it's only a few days then fly to the place you are going to or travel by ferry at night and save some "accommodation money."

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience traveling, which isn't much by the way lol, travelling by ferry can be much cheaper than travelling by plane. Not only that, but if you want to get a bulk of people to somewhere across the world fast, ferry is one of the most cost effective and fastest ways. When I was younger my entire school year went to France via ferry. Would have cost a fortune by plane.

9. KillerFrost22

KillerFrost22New Member

Threads:
    Ferry is cheaper but if you have the budget, get that plain ticket you can save more time and enjoy aruba.

10. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I think is a matter of preference, regardless of your plans of bringing your vehicle with you or not. Traveling on ferry, as long as you come prepared to eat and drink and the trip is no very long is not a great issue in regards of spending money. You can save money by ferry but you don't save time in exchange, your pick.