What Is Your Choice - Cheaper Or Better?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ray1 • Jun 6, 2017.

1. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    They say cheap is expensive. As ironical as it is, it is always true for most cases. Well, most but not all. I once had a man whose wife got terminally ill at night. He had no money to rush her to a hospital. He came to me and offered me his phone, as security for $5. Later when he was unable to pay, we exchanged the phone with a power bank. This means, I got a power bank that goes for $12 at $5. In other words, some people may sell things cheaply, not because they are defective but to take care of an urgent need. Therefore, I think it's good to try and find out the motive of the seller. Are they trying to get rid of the item or do they really need the money.

Another thing that may make things cheap while they are good, is government incentives. The government may withdraw taxes from a product to enable it's citizens to afford. Companies may also sell good things cheaply to clear their inventory.

Generally, I am attracted to cheap things. Everyone is. With proper analysis then I believe one can make an informed decision.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha when I said cheap I did not mean the things with low quality but what I meant was lower priced. There are number of companies which keep their profit and running cost lower and pass on the benefit to their customers. For instance what you get at Kamart for $5, you get the same stuff at $7 or for $10 at Myers. But that's how the things are and it's up to you to decide which store suits you best.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Oh, okay. I think the word "or" created the difference. When you said cheaper or better, I assumed there must be something wrong with the cheaper, that's why there's a better which probably is more expensive.

#23Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
  4. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't find this question especially complicated and worth thinking twice about it.
    I will always pick better and quality over cheaper and quantity from a simple reason that I am not so rich to buy cheap.
    That says pretty much all.

5. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer cheap things because I want my hard earned money to be spent wisely. High-end stuff is something to brag about if you possessed a few but no matter how good a product is, it would become old eventually. And most of the time, we buy stuff because it is trendy but in time, popularity can fade. So I'd rather have some cheap stuff that I know I can use and will serve the same purpose as what expensive stuff can do. As long as I am comfortable with that cheap thing I bought, I am happy with that.

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't agree with the question. Cheaper does not mean the items are bad and expensive items are not always good. Sometime back I bought maternity belt from china. The belt cost me just $4, which otherwise would have cost me at least $30 in the local store and $25 if I had purchased from Europe or America. The belt is really good, it served its purpose.

7. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the circumstances. I always prefer to go for the better product in terms of the quality. Unless the item is not really important to me, if not I wouldn't want to trade my quality for a cheaper token.