What is your favorite brand of sneakers?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Eagle910 • Apr 7, 2014.

1. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose "Jordan".

I am a huge basketball fan. So, it is obvious why Michael Jordans signature shoes would appeal to me. I grew up watching Michael Jordan dominate the Nba. When i was younger i considered it an honor to wear his shoes.

I still do. It Wear the Jordan brand has become a tradition. A tradition that has stayed with me for years. I try to buy every new pair of Jordan sneakers that are released.

Sometimes that is not possible because they are so expensive. What is your favorite brand of sneakers?

2. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I would have to say Nike! I have worn Nike for a number of years and I've always had good luck with comfort, style and cost. My Nike's have held up over the years, although I know some people that wear them out in a matter of months. I use my Nike's to hike, run and work in the yard. Pretty much everything!

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually had great luck with Addidas shoes over the years. Back when I was playing High School ball, I used to always buy the crazy expensive brand name shoes like Dwade's shoes. Honestly, I didn't think there was much of a difference between the $100 shoes and the $30-50 shoes that I buy now. Basically, I was just paying extra for the brand and style. That's great if it's important to you, but for working out especially, I just want a shoe that is comfortable and doesn't hurt my feet.

4. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I love a brand called Teva. Awesome outdoor activities type shoes. I have been buying them for years. The fit and wear is great.

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I always wear skate shoes because I like how the look and fit. Globe has always been my favorite but I would wear most other brands. For running shoes I've always liked Adidas but Nike is pretty attractive too. I don't shop for shoes very often so I only know the popular brands.

6. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite brand of sneakers would have to be Adidas, but that is because I am an Adidas fan boy, all of my clothing and exercise perphirals are made by Adidas. My favorite sports team currently is sponsored with Nike and I am having difficulty coming to terms to buy their shirt. Adidas have just felt better and lasted longer than the Nike or any other brand that I have tried.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried to use Nike, Adidas, and other famous brands, but my favorite brand is Reebok. It's not expensive as Nike but they are very comfortable and high quality. I find the Nike sneakers are usually a little hard walk on. I like sneakers that are soft and comfortable and I think Reebook does that perfectly.

8. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I find myself wearing flip flops more days out of the year then shoes. Sometimes even in the winter if I'm driving up to the store, I will be in flip flops. If I'm actually going out, I wear shoes.
    I will always be rocking the white Nike high tops. That's my shoe right there.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that Nike is my favorite. But ever since I was a starting athlete, it's already the brand that I am using. It's the brand that my mom and my grandmom use to buy me. And I really feel comfortable wearing them even not for training, just as plain sneakers. So when I am buying shoes, I only go for Nike, not because of my conscious choice, but because it's the brand that I have been used to. My friends and other relatives also use the sneakers of the same brand.

10. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Nike! I don't even have a particularly favorite "make" as much as I just enjoy the look of the shoe. I started wearing Nikes more than 20 years ago and have always had success with them. They hold up well and have fun colors that make my gym outfits bright and fun. I recently started with the NikeID, it allows you to personalize your sneakers, and love it. I think Nike does a great job offering functional and fashionable sneakers.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I went walking the other day (to burn holiday pounds) and realized that I need some more shoes or sneakers. However, my faves are K-Swiss classics in pure white. Anyone who was around in the early 80s can remember how fresh these were. However, I would never go running in park in these. I like Adidas also and will probably get some more for walking and jogging.

12. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I love my nikes. Been banging some white nikes for a while now (almost 3 years) and I can say I love the comfort they offer. Lately I got my eyes on some New balances and i'm a bit interested in acquiring them. Also I have a pair of adidas running shoes that are spotless after 2 years and still going.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the Nike Lunar collection. Perhaps my favorite would have to be LunarGlide6. There are so many Nike sneakers with sleek and colorful designs but they're very expensive. To buy it isn't part of my present budget so as much as I would like to wear a pair already, it's currently impossible due to other pressing needs. I'm hoping for a new design under the Lunar collection.

14. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I always stuck with Reebox and Nike growing up, but more recently, I have only been buying Adidas. I consider them a mid-range price range sneaker, but the quality is great! I have had the same pair for almost 4 years, and they still almost look brand new. Mind you, I am super careful with all my stuff to make sure they last.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Nike would be my favorite brand. I like to think I'm above their great marketing campaigns but honestly that's also part of why I love their brand although I mostly attribute it to their great designs as well. I just prefer their design style compared to most other brands although these days I think a lot of other brands tend to borrow some of the design style of Nike which makes even those brands appealing to me as long as their quality is good too.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite brand of sneakers is whatever catches me eye in the moment. So I guess you can say that I am not into brands, or one to seek a particular style. Everybody who knows me, knows that I do not buy into the whole brand thing. I buy or taking a liking to whatever looks nice to me at the time. Now, that brand could be a relatively unknown brand, or it could be an expensive one. Who knows? So for that reason, I cannot say that I have any one favorite.

17. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of a 'sneakerhead', but I do love to buy workout shoes.

I recently got the Nike Flyknit 4.0 Free Run. I love them. They literally let my feet breathe, they're very comfortable to wear during runs or simply going out to the grocery store. It's a pretty light shoe and it's flexible. It squeezed my foot pretty tight at first, so it felt like I was wearing a sock, but it's perfect once you get used to it because it is so comfortable to walk in.

I suggest trying out Flyknits. The thing that made me choose it actually was the design. They're literally knitted shoes!

18. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite brand would have to be Adidas and Nike. You can't really go wrong on those two since they've been in the shoe business for years already. When it come to sneakers though, I only have one pair and it's the Adidas Samba. However, I have a couple of slip-ons, and topsiders so that I have something to wear whenever I want something comfortable or depending on the occasion. Anyway, the Samba is very stylish and comfortable for me. I can use it with shorts or with pants so I don't get to worry about my get-up whenever I go to school. I might buy another pair though. I'm thinking of buying the Nike Roshe since it looks fashionable as well and they say that you can wear without any socks on which further adds to the comfort given by the shoes.

19. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I would choose Nike, only because I am using a pair of running shoes for more than two years. I have used them to run on tarmac, a little bit of gravel, running track surface and right now I'm using them only for gym where I use them to run on the treadmill. I have to say that they are very confortable. I remember how amazed I was after my first run in them. But after such a long time, I kinda want to change them and I think that Asics will be my next running shoes.

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nike or Vans or Lacoste. It's not that they are really my favorite, but I just don't know anything to cite. They are the ones that I'm already wearing and I'm just really comfortable wearing them. In fact I couldn't say that I need or I like something else. And if I'm again going to buy a sneaker, I'd probably go check first at those brands.