What is your favorite diet food.

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Eagle910 • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I am an extremely active person at this point in my life. I diet, and workout a lot

However, most of the time it is hard to to turn down all of the delicious food that we have to chose from today. That is why i love diet food. They provide an acceptable alternative to the regular food. Meaning the taste is comparable, but they have less than half the calories. That is an ideal trade off for someone who is looking to stay in shape.

My question is what is your favorite diet food?

2. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I'm really a salad person, as long as there's a lot of high quality ingredients in it. I like to add all kinds of fresh veggies, herbs, low fat protein, such as fish and chicken. For me though, a salad has to have a really good dressing. A diet dressing just doesn't satisfy me. So I try to use less of a full fat type. Have the dressing on the side, and use sparingly.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Brussel Sprouts for me.
    I don't why they are generally disliked, they are like a taste explosion with a great texture.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite diet food is banana. When I am on a kind of diet, I make sure that it is included. It is so delicious and nutritious. It could even be just my meal for the whole day, without eating any other foods. It gives a lot of energy, enough to fuel me to run and swim even on the days that I have less sleep and and eat less. I eat one before and after I do intense exercise and during breakfast, which is three a day. Other than its deliciousness and the nutrients that it contains, it is also very affordable.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am mostly vegetarian and have been sticking to healthy, wholesome food for a very long time now. I am also very active and thrive on protein foods, such as beans, nuts and the occasional fish. I can't really indulge in anything that is too rich or heavy, as I immediately suffer the consequences. Fortunately, I have never had any problems with my weight or suffered from diet-related illnesses. I am very aware of what my body needs.

#5Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Yogurt and fruit. The premade ones are okay but I love big pieces of strawberries or peaches in juice with plain or vanilla yogurt. I'm also getting creative with my salads, like adding onion or pepper straws for more texture and flavor. Pickled mushrooms are also a nice touch.

7. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I like all dry fruits and nuts (I consume in moderation) and plenty of berries of all kind. I also eat green peas(my most favorite food) and tomatoes. I'm a vegetarian, so don't try fish and lean meats, though they're best diet foods. I, however, consume Apples and other low-calorie fruits.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Almost everything listed in this thread are not diet foods, they are foods. Diet foods have the word diet on the packaging or less calories or less fat or less this that or the other thing. They restrict while giving you no real nutritional value and actually steal from your health rather than contribute to it. That said.. I don't have a fave diet food, because I don't eat them. I eat healthfully year round and enjoy it immensely.

9. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Salads, fruits and noodles. Apples in particular where fruits are concerned. And noodle dishes or even just Ramen noodles seem to help a lot when I want to lose a bit. Peanut butter also. Peanut butter seems like it might be a bit too high in calories for a diet food but a little of it goes a long way in satisfying not just sugar cravings but cravings for other kinds of foods as well. Don't know why but a little bit of peanut butter will carry you for a while.
    One diet trick, though, that always works for me is to simply not eat sandwiches for awhile. That cuts out a lot of sneaky bread in your diet.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't strictly follow diet rules and truth be told, I only have a generic knowledge of nutrition. So when I'm supposed to be on a diet, I avoid eating rice. Instead, I gobble up potatoes, pasta, bread, tofu and other "substitute carbohydrates." I am not a huge fan of vegetables so during those dieting days, I only eat a select few like broccoli, bean sprouts, water spinach, Chinese cabbage and carrots. I prefer them stir-fried like in the dish Chopseuy. Steamed vegetables are the best, though.

11. superbobby

superbobbyNew Member

Threads:
    Bacon is my favorite diet food. I have been trying the Keto diet or the Ketogenic diet for a few months now and I have seen great results. The Keto diet is a diet that is low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and high in fats(saturated fats). It maybe contradictory to common belief but bacon does indeed help in shedding weight when you follow the Keto diet.

12. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I like eating omelettes when on a diet. You can add items like ham, tomatoes, onions etc and make a substantial meal that is filling but is low on carbs and fat. I also use fry light spray oil a lot to fry and bake foods to eat less fat.

13. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I don't necessarily believe in diets for numerous reasons. However, if I had to choose my favorite diet food, I'm automatically saying diet coke. Funny enough, diet coke doesn't even pass as a diet item but it has 'diet' in the name and it's so bad it's good.

14. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t believe in packaged diet foods, just in eating healthy, nutritious foods every day. My favorites are fruits and veggies of almost any kind. They’re so tasty and refreshing, and fruits in particular make a great substitute for sweets. I also like nuts and legumes for protein.

15. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Probably because if they're not cooked proper, they taste like ass!
    I really believed I hated them up to the moment when I fried them in a fondue. Blew my mind. Loved them ever since.

16. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love yogurt parfait's. I'm not a huge fan of granola by itself, but it tastes great with fruit and yogurt around it. It's one of my favorite breakfasts to make and is really quick as well. Also hits many of the major food groups at once. Also fan of nuts, almonds, cashews, etc as a good healthy snack.

17. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    For me it's dry salad and a pile of steamed vegetables. If I'm trying to lose weight, I find that the easiest thing is to eat as many vegetables as I can fit in my stomach. It really helps me feel satisfied on less calories because the vegetables are full of water and fiber as well as nutrients, but have very few calories.

18. bodiesstretch

bodiesstretchNew Member

Threads:
    To me any food is a diet food as long as I eat fewer calories than I burn every day. Out of the lean foods, I like fish the most. They type doesn't matter in the slightest. If it lived it's whole life under water, I'll eat it. Preferably with lemon and white whine.

19. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I love love love fruits and vegetables so I guess those are my favorite diet foods. Just eating them on their own and sometimes mixing them together in a salad will still taste fantastic to me. I especially love sesame leaves for vegetables and mangoes for fruits. I can eat mangoes all day; ripe or not I'd eat them happily and deliciously.

20. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have diet foods. I think the way that we label foods is quite important as far as the psychological implications go, especially when we are trying to lose weight or just be healthier. I like to call my 'diet' food, healthy food, which feels much better than calling it 'diet' food.