What Is Your Favorite Donut Brand?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Jan 7, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Krispy Kreme, but they cost a bit more than Dunkin Donuts, (I'm not from the States) so I just buy a box like once or twice every 2 weeks. Their flavors are far superior than what Dunkin Donuts has to offer, so I'm not surprised that they're more expensive. Usually I end up buying Dunkin Donuts more than Krispy Kreme, but I don't mind since they taste good too. How about you? What is your favorite donut brand?

2. wahcashmom

wahcashmomNew Member

Threads:
    I love both Krispy Kreme & Dunkin Donuts! The thing about each of them is they both have different flavors, textures and taste. Each place has certain ones that I like better than the other. I agree with you, the price is a difference. But no one can beat Krispy Kremes orginal donut, they are so delicious.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Dunkin' Donuts is still my favorite doughnut maker. They've been around forever. I think they make good food. My favorite doughnut is an old-fashioned.

th?id=H.4776262551145099&pid=15.

4. LALucien

LALucienNew Member

Threads:
    I'm from the UK and although we don't have dunlin' donuts anymore :( (as far as I know) they are my favourite "branded" donuts.
    However, my absolute favourite donuts are from these little donut stalls/stands that you get at markets and along the pier.
    They make them right in from t of you and are so hot, fresh and soft. then they shake the sugar into the bag and you shake it up and they just taste so good!

They are my favourite donuts :p

lil-orbits-mini-donuts-concession-stand-by-misocrazy.

5. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorites are Dunkin' Donuts I love that you can get which ever flavor you want. I had one the other day that was a tea cake flavor very good. I like Krispy Kreme also but they tend to be a little to sweet for me starts my head to hurting every time. So I try to say away from those. But they are really good.

6. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    I truly don't think you can go wrong with any kind of donut! They are all delicious! :) All brands and all flavors are fabulous! If I had to chose just one, my favorite brand would be Krispy Kreme. My favorite would have to be chocolate iced Krispy Kreme donuts with a tall glass of white milk. :)

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:

No way. I actually live in the birthplace of Krispy Kreme (Winston-Salem North Carolina) and I have to say I like Dunkin FAR better. But we get Krispy Kreme donuts for free all the time, because they are constantly doing promotions around here and they are usually the #1 sponsor of pretty much any community or school event. And tons of the high-ups in the company send kids to our school or go to our church.

So you know. I can't say no to KK, but if I have my choice I'll take Dunkin any day over them.

Back in college, in Texas, my favorite donut was Shipley's. I don't even know if they exist anymore, but man do I miss them.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Krispy Kreme and when the store near me makes them, you can smell it across the street. But I usually end up buying doughnuts at the Walmart bakery because their day old doughnuts are $2.39 for a dozen. I'm on a budget, so a lot of my baked goods are either homemade or bought from the day old bakery rack at Walmart.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do have that brand over here too, and yes, I like their donuts as well, but they're too "plain" as compared to Krispy Kreme's varied flavors. Come to think of it, it's been awhile since I bought that kind of donuts.

10. dapapas

dapapasNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not big on the the main brand companies either. I'm in Fresno, CA. I know Krispy Kreme. And I know Dunkin Donuts. But there are some little mom and pop shops around that i love! Each one tries to do their own "thing" to set them apart. One puts Fruit Loop cereal on top of the glaze while another put broken bits of Oreo cookies on top of theirs. I feel like I'm always embarking on an adventure whenever someone brings donuts in to work.

11. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I love Krispy Kreme donuts, they are delicious!! I don't have a local Krispy Kreme Kreme around here, the nearest is like 100 miles away but there's a small section in my local Food Lion that sells them. I have never had any Dunkin Donuts but I would love to try them.

12. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer Co-op own over any other brand. The custards ones from co-op are the best I've ever tried. Krispy Kreme come a close second though. My least favourite are Tesco because the dough just seems so dry, and the jam too sweet for my liking.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, since I'm Canadian, I wouldn't be a Canuck if I didn't say Tim Hortons. I adored donuts when I ate like that.. now I wouldn't mind making my own, but the changes over the years to Timmy's kill my teeth! lol. They're way smaller and way sweeter, I just couldn't handle them anymore. Everything is just getting cheaper and the quality is going down hill.. never thought I'd see Tim Hortons sell out. I wouldn't step foot in one now, I'm disappointed.. they were like.. our mascot or something lol.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not the biggest donut fan... I still prefer some ice cream or cake. That being said, good old Dunkin' Donuts does it for me anytime I want some donuts. Now I lived in San Jose, CA for a bit and they have a place called Psycho Donuts that makes THE BEST donuts!!!

15. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm currently loving J.Co's donuts these days. They're not that sweet unlike Krispy Kreme. I now understand the hype!

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Krispy Kreme is my favorite one too, but I rarely buy it because it's too sweet and I'm not even really that big of a fan of sweets to begin with. I still do love it for the few times that I do eat there, though, and I usually just get their original glazed flavor, but I've tried a number of their other flavors and they are very good too. Also, I like their cold shakes very much, and I usually opt to buy theirs over even the more famous options like Starbucks. I think their drinks are highly underrated and deserve a bit more recognition over the others, but I'm guessing people don't pay attention to their drinks enough just because the choices aren't that plentiful and their doughnuts probably overshadow their drinks, so I guess that's okay.

17. Infamouz

InfamouzNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Krispy Kreme doughnuts way more than Dunkin Doughnuts because they are always fresh. I've had way too many bad experiences at Dunkin Doughnuts. One time, I purchased an M&M chocolate frosted doughnut and it literally had 4 mini M&M's on it. The picture of the doughnut was full of M&M's and I was definitely disappointed with my order. The only thing I don't like about Krispy Kreme is that I always feel guilty after eating their doughnuts, but it's the most amazing flavor ever!

18. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    Krispy Kreme donuts without a doubt. Especially when they are hot!!! The closest Krispy Kreme is about 30 minutes away from my home but the drive is definitely worth it. They also keep their hot light on so no matter what time of day or night you go there, the donuts are always hot. I like to finish it off with a nice cup of coffee as well. The last couple times I went to Dunkin' Donuts, their donuts were dry like they've been sitting out overnight.

19. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    My favorite donut brand is Krispy Kreme as well. I mean I have never went wrong with purchasing any other donut brands so there is no reason I would switch up my brands now.

20. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    I don;t have a do nut brand and around my area there really isn't any. So I just get them from any store around here and let me tell you they are better tasting and freshly made to perfection., I really couldn't ask for anything better since they are so delicious, and I am not a fanatic. :)