What is your favorite era of music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Scottie • Mar 3, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say it's probably the 90s and early 00s! I loved music back then, specially rock music - Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down, Third Eye Blind. There are so many awesome bands from that era! I don't find nowadays we have great laid back rock bands out there. They are all either too pop, too loud, too light or have no personality.

2. HeinrichM

HeinrichMNew Member

Threads:
    Personally I prefer the 80,s music. There are some really cool songs that have aged well and is still enjoyable to listen to. Rock-n-Roll is also a good options and some of the songs really rocks!

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love the 90s and early 00s the best. I could listen to songs with artists like Nirvana, Bowling for Soup, TLC, Nsync, Pink, Maroon 5, Simple Plan and 3 Doors Down. Sometimes the more current songs can grow on me but in general that was the best time. The few artists I am a fan of are not new.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree that the 90s was one of the greatest eras for music. I say this because at this point there was a lot of creativity but also at the same time there was high quality music production. So everything really sounded good and wholesome. There was also a big boom of talent for me and i think that i was a really happy fan and listener of music at that point in time.

5. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite era of music was 80's music. They had talent, were edgy, and didn't just sell their music on their looks and sex. It was all about being flashy and putting on a show. Plus, I love the outfits and big hair. It brings back memories as a kid. It was fun and when people still cared about real music.

However, I really enjoy classical music preferably the romantic period. Music contrasted so drastically. One minute it was a sweet melody like frolicking in the flowers and then it turned into man's worst nightmare. I love it.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    You have literally made my day! I love 90s R&B and pop music period. You made a very relevant point of the rap during the 90s being marketed by individuals who knew how to generate excitement for their audience. Also, hip hop wasn't commercialized yet by the mainstream record labels. Oh my goodness I love the era of TLC, Mariah Carey, Brandy, Monica, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Aaliyah, Boyz II Men, Michael Jackson, Shania Twain, Jewel, Xscape, SWV and the list goes on indefinitely! I have to stop right now because I will go on forever. As a matter of fact the only music I really care to listen to is from the 80s and 90s.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I so love the 90's music also, I was and still is a big fan of Fuguees I so love the 90's actually we just had an family reunion for the fourth and the theme was the 90's and the music played with R&B was a great nite and day.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the current era of music that we have now. I'm a big fan of Chris Brown and his songs. I also like the late 90's era of pop songs and boy bands and the slow ballads of the 80's and early 90's. Duets were also very popular that time.

9. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I LOVE the 90's music, mostly because that's my childhood music. I'm even teaching my kids about the 90's, which I believe was the last good decade, and now it is the good ol' days. I miss it. I also love classic rock from the 60's and 70's. Add onto that, that I love 50's music and I guess I love nearly every decade. Except the 80's (which was when I was born), the 80's music was horrifying. :)

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and a little bit of the 90's. I'm not a big fan of current music, but I do love to listen to jazz. Thank goodness for YouTube as I can listen to all of my old favorites and even songs that I had forgotten. The only problem is that sometimes I can spend hours listening to music there.

11. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    My personal favorite era of music was the 40's. I really don't know why and I even don't know a single famous musician on that era! I just search on youtube for a 1940's music album and play it. It just sounds so calming and relaxing to me. Whenever I hear 1940's music, I feel like all my problems will just go away.

12. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I love the 90's not because I'm born in that year lol but because the music was really good. 90's Post Grunge is the best because there were a lot of bands that were immensely great with their music. Bands like Lifhouse, Incubus, Dishwalla and a lot more are some of the things i truly worshipped back in the day. Music nowadays are mostly crap especially the pop genre. -.-