What is Your Favorite Healthy Dessert(s)?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AnonaMoss • May 16, 2012.

1. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    When people talk about dessert they usually discuss decadent sweets. Healthy desserts can be mouthwatering too!

-I like to bake a sweet potato, then top it with cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans. This is a healthier alternative to sweet potato pie.

-I love frozen grapes and bananas.

-Dark chocolate wheat pancakes w/ agave nectar.

Share your healthy treats!

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I just made baked sweet potato the other day for dinner, as a matter of fact, and topped it with cinnamon and nutmeg (but no pecans). It felt like I was eating dessert for dinner! Of course, add some more vegetables, like baked onions and peppers, and now it's a meal, haha!

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    My mom is diabetic, so when she was diagnosed, I started looking into low-carb, low/no sugar/flour desserts. There are some great websites out there with recipes that do just that. I've learned so much. I make cookies, cakes, cupcakes, etc. with almond flour and Splenda. So, I guess I just make regular desserts but substitute healthier ingredients.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    For a healthy dessert with a decadent taste, I soak fresh strawberries in Moscatel wine (or any other sweet dessert wine). A tablespoon is enough to flavour enough strawberries for 4 people, and it's a lot less calories than sugar. Serve with creamy Greek yogurt for a really decadent dessert. I usually grate some dark chocolate over the top of the yogurt as well. It looks indulgent, but it's really healthy, as a little chocolate goes a very long way.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Any kind of fruit works as dessert for me. My favorites are apples, bananas and oranges.

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I think strawberry yogurt with a little granola is a great snack to have in the evenings.
    I also like Pretzels, and gum.

7. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    My favorite dessert is either frozen fruit (almost any and all) or angel food cake with fresh fruit on top. Yum!!! If I want something sweet in a pinch, Fiber One makes a great pre-packaged brownie; they are actually very good.

8. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I love to cut up fresh fruit and mix it with yogurt. I top it with granola.

9. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with any kind of fruit. I especially love watermelon since there is so little to it and it doesn't feel heavy. I love the sweet taste of it, but also love how it helps "clean me out" a little with all of the water. I do like pita chips as well!

10. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I love mixing frozen bananas with milk and ground flax seed in the blender to make a smoothie. I don't know if you want to call that a dessert though, I usually do that for breakfast.

11. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I like making pumpkin muffins. One can of pumpkin and one box of yellow cake mix, mix them together and bake in muffin tins. 350 for 15 minutes. Its not super healthy, but its easy and a good alternative to cupcakes. I think its like 115 cal and 24 carbs per muffin.

12. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Wow, there are really divine desserts mentioned here. Thanks for the share. My favorite is a berry smoothie or otherwise some creamy yogurt with a dash of honey. Also, a granola mix of oats, almonds, dried fruits and coconut. I also like to make custard with almond milk (just soak almonds, then place them in blender = milk).

13. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Frozen yogurt or of course fruit salad (I put whipped cream and nuts on mine).

Weight watcher's has some fairly decent dessert treats (Lemon Creme Cake). Maybe not what I'd call 'healthy',but better you have something like this in small quantities than the big dessert pie & brownies you'd get at some place like Chili's.

14. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    Fruit: Grapes, bananas, strawberries, blackberries, etc. or yogurt.

15. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    My favorite healthy dessert would have to be just Strawberries. I love the taste of them there so sweet I don't need any other artificial sugars or add ons to make the taste of a natural strawberry any better.

16. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of apple pies, avocado and banana smoothies. I love fruits and I keep my food all organic as much as possible. :)

17. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Frozen yoghurt with lots of fresh fruits such as strawberries, mangoes, and peaches, or a bowl of muesli with yoghurt of any flavour topped with nuts and fruits.

18. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    My favorite health desert is homemade sorbet. I usually take strawberries, blueberries and bananas and blend them with some orange juice and a simple syrup. Freeze for a few hours and it is a simple, all natural desert. If I don't want to do that, then it is just cold fruit. For some reason, fruit tastes better cold.

19. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy fresh cut-up royal gala apples, cold green seedless grapes and watermelon. I also like to eat my cereals with fortified soya (I usually purchase the healthy kinds of cereals). We also consume vanilla yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt on a bi-weekly basis. If I ever eat ice cream then my chest gets congested and I feel rather uncomfortable for a certain period of time.

Oh, how I wish apple fritters, honey crullers and chocolate glazed doughnuts were healthy for us!

20. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I like to freeze strawberries and then process them in a blender with some milk and maybe a pinch of sugar. Sometimes if the strawberries are pretty sweet I don't bother with the sugar. This is also good with bananas blended in.