What is Your Favorite Healthy Dessert(s)?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AnonaMoss • May 16, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I like Asian pears baked with honey and cinnamon. Sometimes I'll make a dessert of this combined with angel food cake.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Fruits will be my favorite healthy deserts. Bananas and mangoes are my favorite and sometimes when you are on a diet, banana is really good. You can;t feel hunger for 3-5 hours if you have eaten a couple of bananas during meal time.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Fruit for me, too. I usually try to get what ever is in season for the best price. I can't wait for the watermelon season this summer. We usually have that as a dessert for a BBQ.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Chilled watermelon with a bit of salt sprinkled over it is great. My favorite watermelons tend to be small and almost round. The innards are a deep, dark red and they are absolutely the best.

5. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    When I want to eat a healthy dessert I will usually eat fruits. My favorite fruit I love to eat as dessert is grapes. I also enjoy eating grape tomatoes as a dessert as well. They taste very good in a light dressing as well. I also like to eat cucumbers with a little salt on them as well.

6. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:
    i love to have fresh fruits with yogurt for my dessert..

7. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite healthy dessert is fresh fruit. I love grapes, watermelon, and mangoes. I also love grapefruit. I've never tried freezing fruit though as some have mentioned. I will have to try that.

8. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it would be deemed healthy by all, but I love to spread cream cheese ona graham cracker and top it with a few blueberries. It is so good! Whipped cream cheese is the very easiest to spread. It makes an easy ligt lunch to pack if you are on the run too.

9. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I love watermelons and apples and eat them either for dessert, as appetizers or snacks. I also love yogurt and sometimes add almonds or cashews and a sprinkling of dark chocolate! Yum!

10. Marya

MaryaNew Member

Threads:
    Hello, banana is my dessert everyday. Doctor told me that it has vitamins and iron and it is really affordable to buy.

#30Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  11. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I love watermelons and my father finds the same type - small and almost round. They are always sweet, and sometimes, he gets the one in yellow, which is sweet as well.

12. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I love fresh tropical fruits. I especially like mangoes, bananas, watermelon and cantaloupe. My husband loves avocado, so what I usually do is mash a ripe avocado, add a little full cream milk and a pinch of sugar. Throw it in the chiller and it will taste heavenly after an hour. Sometimes I also bake apples with a splinkling of cinnamon and a bit of sugar to taste. Tastes like apple pie filling..:)

13. cheesecake

cheesecakeMember

Threads:
    I love this FAGE 0% yogurt. It's greek yogurt on one side with the fruit on the other side and you mix it together. When I have the strawberry flavor, I feel like I am eating a dessert. It's so yummy. It also blows Chobani out of the water. I used to like Chobani but I will stick to this now.

14. marala60

marala60New Member

Threads:
    Fruit salads are the way to go. Desserts can't get much healthier than that and it is absolutely delicious. Despite being more expensive, fruit gives your body all the nutrients you need and at night is the time you need them since your body grows and repairs at night. I highly recommend fruit as a filling and very delicious dessert!

15. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I love having fruit as a dessert, not the citrus ones though. Always peaches, plums or nectarines. But the peaches have to be canned because I can't stand the fuzzy outside of the peaches.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Simple and healthy desserts are all kinds of sweet fruits like mangoes, grapes, bananas, strawberries, etc. Yogurt, smoothies and shakes are also healthy desserts too.

17. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that the best ones to eat are smaller whereas the ones you get in the store are more water then taste. I don't mind water in my watermelon, but I do like some flavor as well and at least the illusion of being full.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of a desert person, but I have tried some variations on brownies substituting the oil for either mashed bananas or applesauce. Both worked surprisingly well, especially the banana one.

Macerated berries are good too over a slice of angel food cake.

If I go out to eat, especially at a nicer restaurant, sometimes I will just have a small glass of Grand Marnier served warmed. Granted, not necessarily low in calories, but it's fat free. Some restaurants even have a special warmer with a tea candle on it that holds the glass, so you can keep it warm while you're enjoying it. It gives off a wonderful orange scent.

19. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My healthy type of desserts would have to be a fruit parfait. I love mixing little cut pieces of fruit in a cup and then adding some almonds and whipped cream on top. It is very cheap to make and is very tasty as well. The calories you get from this will be very minimal because most of the products used are very good for you!

20. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I like fruit parfaits too, but I'm happy with plain fruit also. I love blueberries and raspberries. Having those by themselves is good, over frozen yogurt is pretty good too. I'm anxious for summer time when they are more readily available. The fresh ones are the best.