What is Your Favorite Horror Movie

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 18, 2012.

1. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    The Black Cat. Wow that is going back into the vault. I actually do like some of the old classic horror films. But have to say that title is really way way back.
    Not the best known title for its stars either. Karloff and Lugosi, Frankenstein and Dracula quite the pairing. This title would be what 70 years old or so?
    Ryder13

2. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    I loved Insidious. That's my current favorite horror movie at the moment. What really made me a fan though was the production value they were able to squeeze out of a 1.5 million dollar budget. That movie was hands down amazing. Besides that I'm a huge zombie movie buff, and though most aren't scary I would recommend you look into the genre. Besides the Nightmare on Elm Street series is always good for a nostalgic scare.

3. mazhar1432

mazhar1432New Member

Threads:
    MY favorite one was Insidious! The movie filled with a great variety of emotions. As well as the horror that comes along with it is what makes a great movie. Love (in a father and son way) and horror is a good way to keep the audience interested and for sure i bet you i was and those who watched it agree as well!

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I obsessively watch horror movies. Even the ones that are absolutely terrible. But my favorites would have to be Scream, Rosemary's Baby and Martyrs to name a few. They aren't overly terrifying but I think they are brilliant stories.

5. vest007

vest007Member

Threads:
    1. Hannibal / Silence of the Lambs / Red Dragon
    2. Friday the 13th series
    3. A Nightmare on Elm Street

6. Stiflex

StiflexBanned

Threads:
    My favorite horror movie is: The Shaun of the Dead

It was pretty scary, especially if you'd watch it alone lol.
    Its a movie about A man deciding to turn his moribund life around by winning back his beloved ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother, and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the friggin living.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I are horror movie junkies....unfortunately a lot of them are more amusing than scary. I'm into more old school horror movies. Can't beat child's play or original Nightmare.

8. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Suspiria & The Descent are both favorites of mine as well. I even made my friend who hates horror films watch The Descent and she enjoyed it. I have a more difficult time making people watch Suspiria, but it is such a good film! I'll have to give Midnight Meat Train a chance as though, I have seen it on Netflix. Have you seen Martyrs?

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Who doesn't love Dr. Lecter?

I don't know if these (especially The Silence of the Lambs) could be categorized under Horror, though. More like Drama/Thriller to me.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The ammyville horror not the orginal ones but the one that was remade made me scream and run away lol. Also i love the messangers that was a pretty scary movie too. I have a lot of favorites i love horror movies.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Really? It's a funny movie that experiences an extreme bit of mood whiplash after they hold up in the bar. I mean Shaun is a screw-up which is why his girlfriend left him in the first place, he is fine with his mom but has issues with his stepfather, and the whole country seems to be having a bit of a zombie crisis. Oops - we aren't using the z-word.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie would have to be Chucky. This is a movie that has always frightened me since childhood which left a huge impression on me.Unfortunately as I even got older the movie still frightened me and left me as bit scared for life about the fact of dolls coming alive.

13. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have one favorite horror movie of all time, but the ones at the top of my list are: The Exorcist, Poltergeist, The Amityville Horror, It, The Shining, Leprechaun, The Ring, The Grudge, 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Paranormal Activity, The Omen, and lots more..... I just love a good scare and horror/suspense happens to be my favorite movie genre, as well.

14. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    The first time a watched a horror/vampire movie was the last time I ever watched it. Though I know these are fictitious videos, I can't just bear the horror and brutality I saw in that video. In a nutshell, I fear horror movies. :)

15. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite horror is Planet Terror. Also Hostel, The Ring, The Grudge and Poltergeist. Oh, also the Exorcist. I love Japanese horror movies too.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen Martyrs yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I've also heard some buzz over Let The Right One In as well.

17. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Omg! I totally forgot about the hellraiser movies. I'd have to agree with you a little about hostel and gore movies but it's impossible NOT to watch them and be totally grossed out. My other favorite horror movies have got to be the silent hill movies. So sick!

#37Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  18. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I watched Audition for the first time last week but didn't really like it. I'm not really a fan of the genre, but there are some horror movies I've watched that turned out to be scary but also had a good plot. Audition has a very confusing plot (kind of reminded me of Lynch's films) but that moves very, very slowly. I do have to admit some of the gory parts were terrifying, especially the mutilated man.

19. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I love horror movies! My favorite movies in the horror genre are zombie movies. I really like all the Resident Evil movies.

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I also liked Insidious, but The Possession was another good one too. It scared me so much at certain points. I don't really like to be super scared, but there are some new movies that are terrifying. I remember Night of the Living Dead scaring me as a kid and now it's a cake walk.