What is Your Favorite Horror Movie

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 18, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, I dislike them mostly because they have no real plot behind them. What's the point of watching them - besides my career has let me see the real counterpoint to the Hollywood gorn. That said I hate the Silent Hill movies with avengence - but then again I love the games so... Can't be helped.

You don't like J-horror? That's all I can think in regards to genre. I like the slow pacing of the movie Audition, I don't know why a movie must run toward a resolution. It isn't necessary in my opinion. Besides which most of horror could be said to result from suspense.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just saw the trailer for "The Last Exorcism Part II" and I have to say, there are some horror movie gimmicks that really need to stop ASAP. I am so sick of seeing that stupid After Effects "demon face" effect...

something like this:

There is nothing scary about it and it looks ridiculous. Same goes for blacking out peoples eyes, erratically speeding up the film footage, token ominous spooky kids, etc...

3. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Ohhh this is hard as I seldomly watch horror movie. Hmmm.. Paranormal Activity 1 did really scare me. That sticked into me mind.

4. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    It need courage to watch horror movie. it was not a big problem when I was a teenage, but now I fell a little fear, even the scene the horror film occur to my dream. so terrible.

5. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Ghost, if it does belong to the horror movie. As i really don't have much interest on horror movies.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:

Anything can be made to work in the right situation. That's why people overuse tropes and things - because they have previously worked. That said I follow Sturgeon's Rule and remember that not everything is going to work all the time. That said when it does - it does so very, very well.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    The shutter is still the scariest thing i ever watched in my life. The original Taiwanese one, not the American remake. It's one of those i can't even see during the day, maybe with people next to me. Even so, if this is your kind of thrill, i recommend it!

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Not really a fan of horror movies but I think my favorite would be House of Wax. Although the Japanese are really amazing when it comes to this, so I would say The Ring! That really made me not sleep!