What is your favorite kind of cheese?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jneanz • Aug 15, 2014.

1. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    Ha, I do this too! I get weird looks from my family- they just do not understand.

I like many types of cheeses. My ultimate favorite is Muenster. It is creamy and it tastes great when it melts, but it does not melt like cheddar. It is more like mozzarella but with a stronger taste. I feel like making myself a sandwich now.

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I really love all cheese... of course, because it has tons of fat! ;) My favorites are sharp cheddar, asiago, mozzarella, and provolone. I can't help but have it on my sandwiches and subs. I actually like most everything with cheese so there is nothing specific I can point out as my favorite.
    I guess the traditional mac and cheese with any one of the cheese I listed would be like heaven !

I have been trying to cut back a bit because I'm watching my weight. Has not been easy to say the least!

Yumm! :)

3. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Camembert cheese and also Blue Cheese and all these controlled fermentation cheeses, they are wonderful in taste and just awesome for any food that goes with cheese. Just remembering this made me hungry haha.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I love cheese in general, but I have to go with the classic cheddar cheese as my all time favorite. I also enjoy mozzarella cheese. For mexican cooking, I like queso fresco, panela and cotija and oaxaca cheeses. They add great flavor and texture. Honestly, I don't think I've ever met a cheese I didn't like. :)

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, my days of enjoying cheese are long over as I am lactose intolerant. It took me a while to figure out what was causing my health problems many years ago. And when I realised that it was milk, and I cut it out of my diet, my life changed forever. My energy returned and many of my worrisome health symptoms cleared up within a couple of months.
    But when I was still able to eat cheese, I mostly enjoyed Camembert and Brie cheeses. :)

6. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    None of the above, I'm afraid. I am an avid fan of good Roquefort. But, since I cannot afford it I have to go for the Bleu Cheese. It, not as creamy and lusty but it is, after all, one third the price. Maybe for my birthday perhaps. I'll start the hints around the house.

7. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    We buy a lot of cheese. I keep medium cheddar blocks, swiss slices, and shredded Mexican cheese around. When it is on sale, I buy the Mozzarella balls. Whole Foods sells remnants of cheese near the salad bar in my town. I will use that as a low risk way to try new types of cheese.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I have no favorite cheese, but I do like to eat these:

Blue Cheese

Monterey Jack

Swiss Cheese

Cheddar Cheese

Gouda

Brie

Fromager d'Affinois

Feta

Moose Cheese

Crème fraîche

Cream Cheese

and Pepper-Jack Cheese

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I like many different types of cheeses. My favorite would have to be cheddar cheese. Love it. Having some nachos with a lot of cheddar cheese stacked on them is one of my favorite, "go-to" snacks. Also a big fan of swiss cheese and American cheese. Really, it just depends on what I'm eating. The type of cheese you eat has to compliment whatever your main course is, obviously.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I seriously love cheese, like all kinds, lol. One of the few I *don't* care for is American, but some of my favorites include Asiago, Ricotta, Brie and sharp cheddar. I had an amazing one from Whole Foods that was mango something or other, I can never remember what exactly it is, I just look for it whenever I'm there xD. Surprisingly good, though.

11. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've never even heard of some of these cheeses. I love cheese! How could I have missed the ones you listed. Carmelized onion jack sounds amazing.

I would have to say that my favorites include all kinds of cheddar, colby, colby jack, provolone, mozzarella, and meunster. I can't get enough cheese. I could just eat a whole block of cheese without any problem. It's so good. I love extra sharp cheddar as well. I also love swiss cheese. I usually eat cheese alone, with crackers, or with pepperoni slices. It's good in so many different ways.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite cheese would have to be cream cheese. Why I like it? Let me enumerate the reasons:
    1. It's rich
    2. It melts in your mouth
    3. It's not too salty
    4. You can use it to prepare various recipes including my favorites: blueberry cheesecakes and strawberry shortcakes
    5. It also makes for a really delicious sandwich spread

13. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend and I got this cheese at Trader Joe's and it was AWESOME. It was wasabi gouda and we honestly have not had anything as amazing as that. Unfortunately right when we finished it, they took it off the shelves and hasn't been up since :( Such a heartbreaking moment :(

14. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Ultimately depends on what I'm eating, right? I like cheese spreads, I like creamy cheese, I even like blue cheese. Squiky cheese. Mozzarella. Swiss cheese... But my all time favorite sort of cheese is a nice goat cheese log. Yumm!

15. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    This is a tough one for me. I love all kinds of cheese. I think for me it depends on what I'm eating it with. My very favorite is quality warm baked Brie. It is divine. The French really know their cheese. I think Brie is the one kind of cheese I like with everything. I love it in my burger, I love it with fruit, and I like it alone. So, you can't go wrong with Brie.

16. hopecoss

hopecossNew Member

Threads:

I must admit that brie cheese is my all-time favorite cheese. It is even one of those cheeses that I am able to eat when feeling queasy. Oddly enough, I even eat it when I fly with some crackers to calm down my tummy! It is my go to for warm sandwiches, cold sandwiches, crackers, etc. It is always a crowd favorite too!

17. tangiblesalt

tangiblesaltNew Member

Threads:
    I would suggest Mexican queso fresco and in English I think it is called crumbling cheese. It is delicious, I eat it alone all the time or with french bread. Probably one of my favorite easy to make meals.

18. debbie24

debbie24New Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Valdeon, a Spanish blue cheese. It's pretty intense, a little goes a long way. For more casual/everyday use, a nice smoked gouda is good to have on hand. There are also a few varieties of cheese infused with wine, and these I've found pretty excellent as well.

19. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    This is definitely a hard choice for me, because I really like cheeses of all kinds. When it comes down to it, I really love pepper jack cheese. I can honestly say that I could put it on almost everything. I also enjoy cheddar and mazzarella cheese, as they are in the same category for me as pepper jack.

20. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    I love most all kinds of cheese. But one of my favorites in Swiss. I love it on sandiches and burgers, but I also like to use it for grilled cheese sandwichs and melted on thinly sliced and baked chicken breasts. Mozerella is also a favorite for grilled cheese sandwiches. I also like to make tomato soup with Italian seasoning and small diced tomates with small cubes of mozzerella added. It is so good that way.