What is your favorite kind of cheese?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jneanz • Aug 15, 2014.

1. Danii

DaniiMember

Threads:
    Is ALL an option? I can't choose between cheeses, I love them all. If I could eat only cheese till the day I die, I would die a happy obese person :D

When I go shopping I always take care to buy different types (yes, that is a plural) of cheese than I did the week before. But to be frank, my absolute favorite must be mozzarella, it just goes with everything and it's so light!

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm. Well, I would probably say all, but I have neither sampled all cheese or liked all of the cheese that I have sampled. My least favorite cheese, so far, is Mozzarella. it is awful and rubbery and tasteless. I avoid everything with Mozzarella in it. My default cheese is cheddar cheese, but my favorite is Feta Cheese on salads. Mmmm.

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I am a good old fashioned sharp cheddar girl. I have sliced sharp cheddar as well as shredded sharp cheddar in my refridgerator at all times. I also like mozzarella string cheese to snack on by itself. Even though I always have cheese I try not too eat too much of it because of digestion issues I get when I eat too much of it.

4. TinVanMan

TinVanManNew Member

Threads:
    I think that gorgonzola is a good one to try to get a bit more exotic. It does have a very strong smell, but the flavor is very rich. I especially like gorgonzola dulce, because it has a bit of a sweet flavor. I think that if you spread some on an unleavened cracker, you will enjoy the flavor. Just plug your nose at first, if you must.

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh gosh! I've never met a cheese I didn't like, but when it comes down to it I guess that the cheese I buy the most is plain sharp cheddar. I really like them all, though. Every one of them has it's place; and though I buy the sharp cheddar most I usually have at least one other type in my refrigerator at any given time--just not always the same one other type.

6. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I like almost all cheese. There are some of them, of course, that have such a bitter and horrible me taste I can't even stand to be in the same room with them. For sandwiches it's Munster, hands down. For grilled cheese it's a toss up between velveta slices or slices of Swiss. Everything else, of course has its own standard cheeses, (pizza with mozzarella, spaghetti with Parmesan, etc). I don't usually mess with those. They typically taste just fine with the classic cheeses.

7. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Stinton. Goes great with Port wine and a cigar.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly, lactose isn’t my friend. Feta and goat cheeses are delicious and they don’t wreak havoc on my digestive system, but they’re too expensive to eat as often as I’d like. About the only type of cheese I can eat on a fairly regular basis is parmesan. Fortunately, I do love the Kraft shredded parmesan/romano/asiago blend. When I do get to splurge on other cheeses, I love mozzarella, smoked fontina, Havarti, and provolone. I also had cotija when I was staying in California and it was lovely.

9. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I had no idea some cheeses were ok for lactose intolerant. What's the difference between cheeses, if you don't mind me asking.ive known a few people who were intolerant, but we never really talked about it. I just simply never as them eat any cheese.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Apparently the amounts of lactose in goat and sheep-derived cheeses are similar to cow-derived ones, so I’m not too sure anymore. According to Google it has more to do with the amino acids and how they’re formed. They’re shorter in goat’s and sheep’s milk, which may aid digestion. And the drier the cheese in general, the less lactose it has, which is why parmesan and cotija aren’t troublesome.

11. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of all cheeses but I do enjoy stong cheddar, Gouda and smoked cheeses. Mozzarella is great on pizzas but seems to be tasteless in all other dishes.